YOU are Invited: The First Official CoinTalk Meet and Greet at FUN 2020

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by physics-fan3.14, Dec 9, 2019.

?

Will you be there?

1. Absolutely!

5 vote(s)
    7.9%
  2. I'm not sure about that physics-fan guy, but I'd like to meet the rest of you

4 vote(s)
    6.3%
  3. Let me think about it. Maybe?

2 vote(s)
    3.2%
  4. Unfortunately, I can't make it. Maybe next year!

38 vote(s)
    60.3%
  5. Will there be bacon?

14 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. GoldFinger1969

GoldFinger1969 Well-Known Member

Really ? How much snow ? Probably just a dusting, right ?

I'm coming from New York, I expect 70 degrees and Sun at FUN !! :D

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. messydesk

messydesk Well-Known Member

I'll be at FUN then. I'll have to play it by ear to see if I can make it to the get together.

GoldFinger1969 likes this.
  4. ToughCOINS

ToughCOINS Dealer Member Moderator

Being in Orlando, chances are very good that the temperatures will be warm, but I’ve seen my fair share of FUN Shows where it was high 30’s in the morning, so it’s always best to bring something to deal with that possibility.

5. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Snow is rare in Central Florida. I've seen it a couple of times but never seen it stick to the ground. It would stick on cars enough so you could scrape up enough to make a snowball - but that's about it.

But we do have 2 or 3 nights a year typically that will drop below freezing for a few hours but it's pretty dang rare for the day's high not to be above 50, and usually at least 60. Average winter daytime temp is in the 70's with a few here and there hitting the 80's.

At the north end of Florida - that's a different story.

6. messydesk

messydesk Well-Known Member

I remember that. Thought it was hysterical. A dusting of snow on some bushes and panic everywhere. A few years ago it was in the 50s in Fort Lauderdale, it seemed as though there was a curfew, and a group of us ate dinner outside. Today I just came in from a nice bike ride -- 56 outside of Chicago today.

7. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

If someone recorded some of the meeting, it would be wonderful to see and hear the conversation. I would even goto Youtube for it, and that is very hard for me to say!! Jim

8. GoldFinger1969

Are you talking about ToughCoins Counterfeit talk or the get-together in the room ?

9. GoldFinger1969

Thanks to the internet, I should have a handle on the next 4-5 days forecast. If I need anything heavier than a light jacket, I'll be prepared.

10. ToughCOINS

Actually, I believe the counterfeit talk is being given by @TypeCoin971793.

11. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Thinking about it, maybe most people would want to be incognito since it is a coin show atmosphere.

An anti-counterfeit talk , a how to recognize RPM's , How to recognize differing type of doubling, etc. so there would be something we know is accurate on youtube and could be referred to new members. I promise I wouldn't even bad mouth them for any income they might gather.:)

Maybe next year for me. Thanks Jim

12. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Chicken Little.png

13. Dave Waterstraat

Dave Waterstraat Well-Known Member

That has to be Angus Young's grandfather...:)

And the Fun show is not in the cards for me this year. Hopefully next..

Mainebill and juris klavins like this.
  14. Eduard

Eduard Supporter**

I have been in South West Florida for almost two months now, just a few hours drive from Orlando, and had planned to stay until mid January to allow me to visit the F.U.N show. I have been to Summer FUN a couple of times, and that was fun. I can only imagine what Winter FUN must be like.
    As things will have it, though, we will return (have to return) to Germany just two days before the show opens....:(

It would have been great to meet you guys at last and talk coins, and many other things!

Next year!

15. ToughCOINS

Sorry to have missed you Eduard . . . Another time.

Eduard likes this.
  16. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

Oh, that's too bad!

Eduard likes this.
  17. juris klavins

juris klavins Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
  18. Rushmore

Rushmore Coin Addict

Maybe next year. I haven't been to a major show since CSNS in Minneapolis back in 2000 and RCNA in Winnipeg in 2013.

19. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

With a sad heart, I must say that I Won't be there on 'game day'.......personal matters will negate my ability to attend this year. I'm so bummed, but, as someone most eloquently put it, there's always next year. Have a devil of a time my friends........:)

20. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I fly out tomorrow.
    For security reasons, I'll be in cognito this year. I bought a black hat and dark glasses. Look for an old guy with Doug on the name tag. I'll be in the smoking area a lot hanging out with the pretty women.:D

21. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

Hopefully one of these days if my life gets a little more settled and business picks up a little. Ideally one of these days I’ll be there on the back side of a table.

green18 and GoldFinger1969 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted