YN Contest

Discussion in 'Contests' started by Paddy54, Mar 5, 2015.

1. icollectoldmoney

icollectoldmoney ANA Member:3192499

hope my answer is correct would love to add to my collection since i sold most of it to go a different route with my collection.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Congratulations to l collect old money the last winner of the contest :)

jello likes this.
  4. Paddy54

Since we have Our 5 winners now the contest is now closed.
    Winners be sure to pm me your address Weather permitting I'll get them out this weekend.

Thanks to all whom played.... And Congrats To all the winners.

tommyc03, jon12 and Hommer like this.
  5. icollectoldmoney

icollectoldmoney ANA Member:3192499

thanks for the contest.

6. Wheatmaster101

Wheatmaster101 U.S. Cent Collector

7. rooman9

rooman9 Lovin Shiny Things

Drat! 22 and a collector for more than two years. But still an awesome contest either way :)

Paddy54 likes this.
  8. Paddy54

Ok the correct answers were #1 Arizona state quarter. #2 Die chips were the cause of the two having an issue or error what ever you prefer to call it. Many said cud a cud is found on a rim of the coin no where else. Many said die crack a die crack is a die that has split or cracked and transferred that image onto the coin. #3 the missing 3 initials JFM. Now when these coin were released in 2008 the die chip was called or referred to as an extra cactus leaf. There were several more issues with this coin a smooth die chip in the bottom of the 8 in 2008 , as well as candel stick wicks on some of the tall cactus. Posted below are the images of the normal coins as well as the coins with die chips. I hope everyone enjoyed this contest as much as I have holding it. Maybe I'll do another one soon. Winners I have your information and will work on getting these out asap. Thanks Just one other request Please post in this thread when you have received your prize.Paddy
    2008  1.jpg 2008 Arzoina A.jpg 2008  2.jpg 2008 Arizona B.jpg

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  9. Paddy54

Here's a picture of the 2008 with the smooth die chip inside the bottom of the 8, notice how half of the lower loop of the 8 looks filled. Also notice the glob of medal on the second 0 above the date. 2008 Arizona st qtr.jpg

tommyc03 and Hommer like this.
  10. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

Great contest Paddy and Congrats for all that entered and to the 5 winners .

Paddy54 likes this.
  11. Ow do you private msg??

12. jon12

jon12 Young Numismatic

Thanks again for the contest.

13. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

You would click on their username under the avatar, and then on the popup, click on start a conversation. I think the software requires 10 posts before it becomes active.

14. Paddy54

You all are more than welcome ! I'm heading to post office in the morning . So by mid week you should have your awards .

tommyc03 likes this.
  15. rzage

Great learning experience for all !!!!!

16. Paddy54

All awards were mailed today 3 -7-15 @ 9:00 am since most winners were east coast and mid west I'm thinking you should have them by Thursday at the latest .

Dougmeister likes this.
  17. rzage

Paddy 9:00 am , Eastern or Central ? Hey inquiring minds want to know .

18. Dougmeister

Dougmeister Well-Known Member

Got them today. LOL @ the return address.

(Blanked out part of the postmark and my address; did not do anything to Paddy's ;-)

Paddy54.jpg

ace71499 likes this.
  19. Paddy54

Thanks Doug for posting enjoy Paddy :)

20. Paddy54

Rusty am EST. Better go check the trap I hear skunks are only second to rabbits!
    For those wondering as inquiring minds like to know....Rusty is raising skunks to pay for his coin habits .
    So far what 8 Rusty? They cost $75. Ea. And the herd lives under his porch .
    I'm sure he'll be posting photos of the spring round up where he herds them up and put the circle R brand on their little who ha's. BTW In the photo Rusty will be the one in the bio hazard suit as he's had two sprayers .:woot:o_O:confused::hungover:

tommyc03 likes this.
  21. ace71499

ace71499 Young Numismatic

I receive my coins and am ecstatic... THANKS PADDY!!!

Paddy54 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted