YN Contest-List the Acronyms!

Discussion in 'Contests' started by tommyc03, Jun 5, 2015.

1. K2Coins

K2Coins GO GATORS

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Including asking for $100,000.00 stud fee's? :)

tommyc03 likes this.
  4. How many acronyms does the current leader have?

5. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

No messages to me yet. Answers should come around the end of the month as I have left plenty of time to accomplish this. Stay tuned.

6. Wheatmaster101

Wheatmaster101 U.S. Cent Collector

I submitted a post, thanks so much for the contest!

tommyc03 likes this.
  7. Oysterk

Oysterk Active Member

Still working on mine. I'll be sure to submit by the end of the month though.

Also, should the list be numbered?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
    tommyc03 likes this.
  8. jon12

jon12 Young Numismatic

I'm working on some, but I will be posting them at the end of the month. The contest ends July fourth right?

tommyc03 likes this.
  9. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

You be the judge as to how this should be planned out. That's part of the task. Thanks.

10. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Update-I will be away the 4th for a party I was not planning on so I will post the winner on the 5th. Thanks for your understanding. I don't get out much and really need a day to myself. I would also like to add, there will be no losers in this contest. More to come at the end.

paddyman98 likes this.
  11. bdunnse

bdunnse Who dat?

I'm hoping some one can tell us all here at CT what GDJMSP means.

medjoy and micbraun like this.
  12. Wheatmaster101

Was the winner decided yesterday?

13. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Just getting to it. I had to take a trip to Boston today to the Dana Farber Clinic for my mother in law.

Wheatmaster101 likes this.
  14. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Hello everyone. First I would like to say...I was very impressed with the submissions by all of our YN's here. I think that everyone did a very fine job, but as always the hard part is to pick just one main winner and that is why I am also giving away a B.U. 2009P WDDR-043 Lincoln doubled die 7 finger variety coin to everyone that submitted. These are very nice coins and currently listed at $35.00.
    Now for the winner of all....drum roll please.... jon12!!! I really believe it was the most comprehensive, well thought out, neatly presented and best researched. So to everyone else, fine job and none of you are losers for your efforts. You did well and I thank you all. Please everyone, PM me your address so I can send these out to all of you. Hope you all had a fine and safe 4th of July.

15. Wheatmaster101

Thanks for the contest!!! Congrats to jon12! tommy, how close were the final results?

16. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Congratulations jon12! :woot:
    Can we see his list? o_O

Wheatmaster101 likes this.
  17. ace71499

ace71499 Young Numismatic

I agree, i would like to see the list!!! Maybe Peter will make a section in reference for them or something!
    Congrats man!

tommyc03 likes this.
  18. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

I need some help on copy and paste here and even then not sure if I'm going to be able to get it right.

19. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

That's what I'm hoping for. It would be nice if it were like an open source thing where anyone could add to it as time goes on.

20. jon12

jon12 Young Numismatic

Thanks for the Contest tommyc03! I really enjoyed this chance to learn more acronyms. I would also like to see how close it was. Mine was over 200 acronyms, but there were a few duplicates that I found later, and I could not delete them as I had already sent it to him.

ace71499, paddyman98 and tommyc03 like this.
  21. jon12

jon12 Young Numismatic

@ace71499 how many acronyms did you have? Did anyone else enter, and how many did you have?

Draft saved Draft deleted