Yet another question, MD or double??

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by BonnieSue, Jun 27, 2015.

1. BonnieSue

BonnieSue The devil's in the Hair !!

Sorry about the lighting..

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. BonnieSue

BonnieSue The devil's in the Hair !!

And why would the O have doubling on the opposite side as everything else??

4. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

flat and shelflike = MD

BonnieSue likes this.
  5. SunriseCoins

SunriseCoins Active Member

Doubling not a Doubled Die, I have sold them in a BU state for over a $1.00 but not much more dozen times or more.

6. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

and do you inform these people that the coin your selling them is mechanical doubling and not worth more than face value?

BonnieSue likes this.
  7. SunriseCoins

@ken454,No just Doubling its not a Mechanical Doubling Nickel for 2011 they are not slamming Dies anymore bud. Anyhow no I am not telling them its only worth Face Value and selling them for $1.50 that would be silly. Please relax, kick back no worries people want what the want and collect what they want bud. Its part of the workings of human nature.

+ I hedge my Silver knocks off Dollars off the Oz's. I Hedge my Silver with Cents RPM's, Doubled Die Cents, Errors and Doubling makes no different a Dollaraa is a Dollaraaa off over and over.

Note* A hedge is used to reduce any substantial losses/gains suffered by an individual or an organization.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
  8. d.t.menace

d.t.menace Member

And what's the difference between your "doubling" and mechanical doubling?

9. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

so if the OP's 2011 nickel is not mechanical doubling, which is another phrase for machine doubling damage, machine damage doubling, ejection doubling, shift doubling, and strike doubling and so on, just what kind of doubling is it that your talking about and selling?

10. chuck123

chuck123 Active Member

I am glad to know that. Don't expect me to make any buys from you.

BonnieSue likes this.
  11. SunriseCoins

Ok, chuck123 sounds good. I do not remember asking you or any member to buy Doubling Coinage but ok good to know bud.

12. enamel7

enamel7 Junior Member

What he is trying to say is you can call it what you want, but it is misleading. MD is worthless. True die doubling isn't. By calling it "doubling> is misleading and wrong. That is the type of thing true collectors are against and try to stop. Sorry, but you are just like the people on feebay that many of us report. Honestly, no offense, but you should be ashamed.

Briboy07, BonnieSue and ken454 like this.
  13. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

well said...

BonnieSue likes this.
  14. SunriseCoins

In no way am I ashamed.

The Fact is Doubling means only Doubling nothing more nothing less.

Lets not shame Ebay by calling it Feebay. Ebay is not here to be Free and would not be able to make its bills or advance in the On-line market free or even less then what Ebay charges now.

Please feel free to post threads on Doubling please feel free to sell less or nothing on Ebay and please please feel free to not waste your time telling or explaining to me what it does or does not mean to be a coin dealer, thanks have a day.

15. enamel7

enamel7 Junior Member

I'm sorry but you are wrong. True doubling and md are two different things. One can be valuable and the other never is. One is caused when the design is applied to the hub or die and the other is caused by loose machinery. Yours is just an attempt to prey on the ignorance of others instead of educating them. For this you are just a predator looking for ill gotten gains. You can spin it however you want, but it's wrong. You are simply misrepresenting the item.

16. SunriseCoins

In order for me to be a Coin Dealer Predator I would have to go out of my way to sell Doubling Coinage to people as in go to them which I do not.

May types of Doubling do not have anything to with MD Coinage so not so sure you yourself have a full grip/range of understanding Doubling and this is why I place a word that is Key reason/why the Coinage is Doubling for you or anyone in the public that way to buy Doubling Coins from me but anyhow some more insults are fine if you like/want I am in full awareness of what I am selling are you.

17. SunriseCoins

By the way there is no True Doubling your wrong its Doubled Die or Doubling for many Key Reasons get a book and read up.

18. enamel7

enamel7 Junior Member

I'm sorry, I have been a collector for many years and know the definition of what doubling is, don't need to read a book. Apparently you do. Mechanical doubling is not a true variety in any way because it can change from coin to coin. A doubled die will have the EXACT same image of doubling for the life of the die. MD isn't on the face of the die it's caused by a shifting of the die on the coin being minted. It's important that collectors know the difference. A 1983 ddr can be worth big bucks, a 1983 with md on the reverse is worth one cent. Period!

ken454 likes this.
  19. enamel7

enamel7 Junior Member

By stating that the coins you sell have"doubling" you are with all intent trying to mislead new collectors that don't know the correct terms. I suppose your response is they should learn and know better, but the only knowledge they gain is that "coin dealers" will say anything to make a buck, thus steering potential buyers away from true dealers. In other words, you're a scam artist that twists words to make yourself not feel the guilt of what you are doing. Heck, Littleton would probably LOVE to have you work for them!

ken454 likes this.
  20. teachmind

teachmind Active Member

Yeah, but is the doubling you sell worth a $1.00 that's what 1000% profit if its a doubling or MD cent. The face value, but if you don't think it is only face value please show us what it is worth, I want to know or I want to see where its printed at on where it says more than face value. cause you don't want to tell us what kind of doubling it is.

21. teachmind

teachmind Active Member

I might have gotten the % wrong, I still want to know how you came up with that price or where you seen it valued at what you are asking for your Doublings

Draft saved Draft deleted