Yellow US mint wrapped Sacs

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Inquisitive, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Inquisitive

Inquisitive Starting 2 know something

Is it worth keeping a roll of US mint wrapped Sac 1$ coins, dated 2001? Or should I just spend them.

Thanks.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

If you decide to spend them, search them first for any that will grade MS68/69.

Chris

4. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

You may be able to sell them in the OPEN FORUM below. I don't need them but someone may, you could sell them on ebay or you could spend them, but look for errors first!!.

BTW: Do Sac's have edge lettering? I mean I know the first year didn't but did 07, 08?

5. cpm9ball

No, thank God!

Chris

6. Numismatist47

Numismatist47 New Member

His are 2001 but I don't think they lettered the edges on Sacs.

7. Numismatist47

Numismatist47 New Member

I agree with what Chris suggested. Search the rolls first for errors, and any that would grade high MS fractional like 67-70. Those you would want to keep, and maybe submit to PCGS or NGC for grading and slabbing.

8. hamman88

hamman88 Spare some change, sir?

How many would you estimate, out of 250 business strikes, would grade ms67-70?

9. cpm9ball

You won't know until you search them. From a $250 Mint bag of 2007-P Sac's, I submitted 54 coins to NGC and got 38 - MS67 and 14 - MS68. When I searched the $250 Mint bag of 2007-D, there was nothing worth submitting.

Chris

10. panda

panda Junior Member

are they worth getting graded? i got a 2000-p, that i feel is a a high MS coin, it was the only one out of the 10 rolls that i felt was good enough for a high grade! i just always thought it wasn't worth it..

11. hamman88

hamman88 Spare some change, sir?

If you already have a lot of coins to submit you should go ahead and include it. But I wouldn't just submit that one coin.

Draft saved Draft deleted