yellow reverse 1 dollar bill

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by heavycam.monstervam, Feb 3, 2015.

1. heavycam.monstervam

heavycam.monstervam Outlaw Trucker & Coin Hillbilly

Ok so i got this in change from the LCS today.... i guess i could of tried google but you guys are pretty good @ this... forgive my ignorance of paper $$$ but what on earth do i have here?? I thought maybe it got wet @ 1st but the obverse has normal color.. anybody seen this b4?? CAM01017.jpg CAM01016.jpg CAM01019.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. NOS

NOS Former Coin Hoarder

The reverse of your note was chemically treated to make it look like that. I have never found one but whenever these are brought up on here they tend to be from the 1960's but occasionally they turn up on one dollar notes from Series 1974 as well. It's best to think of these altered notes as a curiousity worth novelty value (basically one dollar).

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
  4. heavycam.monstervam

:banghead: Well i knew not to get my hopes up but wouldnt the other side look like this as well?? It doesnt feel any different from a normal $1.. you know, like when they accidentally get washed...

5. heavycam.monstervam

Ill take your word for it but i thought maybe it could have been a pigment issue... sorta like the inserts in the old green pcgs holders are yellow sometimes.....

6. NOS

NOS Former Coin Hoarder

I suppose it depends on how they were treated. You would think the front would be the same as well but whenever these turn up it is just the backside that is like this. My suspicion is that notes which have been altered on the front are much more likely to get noticed and pulled by bank tellers and fitness scanning machines.

It is quite possible that the people who did this kind of thing back in the day simply avoided altering the front out of concern of being able to spend them.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
  7. heavycam.monstervam

Good point.. its survived for 50+ years w/o being pulled.... ill just sell it @ the flea market for 20xface as some rare and exotic error:troll::jimlad:

8. heavycam.monstervam

And it actually makes me want to try this and see if one pops up on here from the unsuspecting finder.............. muaaaaahhaaaaahhhaaahahahahahaha!

Draft saved Draft deleted