Yellow mint set nickel 1974

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by MatrixMP-9, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

As I read your post I could picture you with a big grin on your face, possibly laughing, but that's OK. I was doing the same thing when I read your post. OK I'll bite again. @Islander80-83 How do you know it didn't leave the Mint looking like that? Were you there? Did you see for yourself? Of course you weren't so don't make rash statements for me to read first thing in the morning. Not that I care either. LOL

And yes, it's normal.

Hookman and Islander80-83 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Collecting Nut

Unlike a number of individuals I know, I can take a joke. It would seem to me that you took the bait as well. :)

Hookman likes this.
  4. Collecting Nut

I see you collect Mint sets with toning. Now I'm really laughing. :)

5. Islander80-83

Islander80-83 Well-Known Member

Okay, you got me! ;)

Hookman and Collecting Nut like this.
  6. Collecting Nut

Yours may tone more so I would leave them in the Mint packaging. It's a pretty toning. Not PMD at all but a number of collectors will argue that toning is damage as it's on the surface of the coin.

Coins tone based on what they came in contact with. The Mint uses a number of cleaners, grease and other items which can be transferred to the coin before being packaged.

If you prefer blast white or lustery and silver as you said then I'd suggest you go by another Mint set for this year. How much does a 1974 set cost after all?

Hookman likes this.
  7. Collecting Nut

At least you admitted to it. You're one of the good guys and I'm glad to have you on CT. :)

8. MatrixMP-9

MatrixMP-9 Well-Known Member

I dont mean to sound like the cheesy idiot here but....I like the banter! Keeps it fun. Growing up with all brothers, I love it.

BTW, these things are less than $9 sooooo...I got 2 sets.

Hookman likes this.
  9. Collecting Nut

Are we to take it that the other set is just as you like it, lustery?

Hookman likes this.
  10. Hookman

Hookman Well-Known Member

I don't know about taking any bait, I wasn't fishing. I like to pick and poke, make jokes and have fun. I was poking at matrix for having (supposedly) started something between youse two. I knew/know that there is no real argument or animosity there.......but maybe matrix didn't....
    The 10 and 10 was a reference to the comment that if you ask 10 people about toning you'll get 10 different opinions with each of us entitled to our own opinion and without deference to anyone else's opinion.

Considering that I type with one finger, I'm a big fan of efficiency. Ya see how much writing I just did to explain that very small poke at ya'll that I made?

Islander80-83 and Collecting Nut like this.
  11. Collecting Nut

I got the 10/10 but I was laughing my head off when I read @Islander80-83 response. I just woke up which made it that much better.

I have a small cell as I can't get the Internet at my house. I must hold the phone in one hand and type with one finger. The keys are small and my fingers are larger. This creates a number of mistakes that I miss. Spell check adds to the problem and I've taken some ribbing for that.

Take care and have a great day my friend. You're ok @Hookman

Draft saved Draft deleted