YeeHAH, giddyup seahorsey!

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by TIF, Nov 2, 2016.

1. zumbly

zumbly Ha'ina 'ia mai ana ka puana

I read the write up on the collection that was on the Peus website. It's a very nice provenance... congrats on the win (I hope you get to show it soon). And a speedy recovery for your leg! You might borrow TIF's seahorse biga in the meantime... I'm using mine :).

Eduard, Mikey Zee and TIF like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. TIF

TIF Always learning.

Thanks for the coin kudos, everyone! I'm really thrilled to have this coin :)

Thanks! I wish I had more knowledge of such things or better software because there are so many coin animations I'd like to do. For now, I have to isolate the elements (in the example earlier in this post, the cupids, the lyre, Venus, etc), chop them up or otherwise edit and position them into frame-by-frame motion sequences which are then uploaded to any number of free online animated gif makers.

Sigh. Yeah, I have a dozen of yesterday's Peus coins on the watch list. What a fantastic auction! I just couldn't swing bidding on anything because of recent heavy spending and unplanned expenditures. There were three Annia Faustinas (Alexandrian)! Someday.

I hope your leg heals quickly. Congrats on the Lucius Verus.

Eduard likes this.
  4. TypeCoin971793

TypeCoin971793 Just a random guy on the internet

That sea sponge control mark intrigues me. It looks more like a horseshoe crab than a sea sponge. But to my knowledge, horseshoe crabs were never in the Mediterranean.

BEST HALLOWEEN COSTUME EVER!!!!

Ancientnoob and TIF like this.
  5. Mikey Zee

Mikey Zee Delenda Est Carthago

Fabulous coin(s) @TIF I'm far beyond just jealous!! LOL

Love the posts guys!!

I always seem to fall short in every previous attempt to add 'alternative modes of transportation'....so I'll just add my RR denarius with Vejovis, Cupid and the Goat:
    rr vejovis and cpid and a goat.jpg

Ryro, Ancient Aussie, stevex6 and 7 others like this.
  6. Okidoki

Okidoki Well-Known Member

Very nice TIF,

625 P Hadrian Emmett1060.jpg Obv. ΑΥΤ ΚΑΙС ΤΡΑΙΑΝ - ΑΔΡΙΑΝΟС СƐΒ
    Laureate draped and cuirassed bust of Hadrian, r., seen from rear.

Rev. L ΙΗ
    Triptolemos in chariot, right, pulled by two winged serpents.

25.62 gr
    32 mm
    6h

Ryro, zumbly, Ancient Aussie and 9 others like this.
  7. Orfew

Orfew Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus

@Eduard

Congrats on your purchase. I hope you will post a picture when you can. There were some very interesting coins in that collection.

8. chrsmat71

chrsmat71 I LIKE TURTLES!

lovely coin, cool story, cool devices, toning, serrate.....all make for a SWEET coin!

i don't really have anything to post, so here is a pic of a lady that recreated the reverse....

[​IMG]

Theodosius, zumbly, Pishpash and 7 others like this.
  9. IdesOfMarch01

IdesOfMarch01 Well-Known Member

OK... while I usually find off-topic pictures on this site just, well, off-topic (to be diplomatic), this one is plain hilarious. The looks on the dogs' faces say it all.

10. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

well said, chrsmat

TIF likes this.
  11. zumbly

zumbly Ha'ina 'ia mai ana ka puana

Lol... and someone needs to recreate that on a coin!

stevex6, Alegandron and TIF like this.
  12. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Oh. Heck. Yeah.

TIF likes this.
  13. Eduard

Eduard Supporter**

Thank you for your extensive reply, TIF and for your best wishes.
    (I need to remember to be more careful next time when lifting weights, and not drop the damm things on my foot!)

I will try to attend the Numismata Show in Frankfurt over the weekend (If I can convince my wife to drive me there....) and hope then to meet the Peus people to pick up my auction wins, and look at any unsolds they may have.

14. Carthago

Carthago Does this look infected to you?

Peus was very, very bad to me today. Won nothing, bid on a few. Disappointed. :(

Draft saved Draft deleted