Year of the Dragon????

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by akito, Apr 11, 2011.

1. akito

akito New Member

New to the game and i have picked up a 1 oz Dragon and a 2 oz. When i went to checkout at the coin shop i noticed that the Lunar coins were priced at i.e. $48.00/oz but when i checked out the dealer said that the Dragons were special and they were $75/oz. When i got home i did some researched and noticed that they are selling for around 100-125/oz on eBay and the 2 oz for around $225-260. Now here is what i was wondering. I have crossed paths with a local dealer who has a 10 oz Lunar Dragon and he wants $600 for it. I was wondering if that is a fair price because i know that is definately more expensive than what it is worth in silver. i am also wondering if the 10 oz coin has a mark up similar to the 1 and 2 oz? Hope to hear some input =)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. howboutatrade

howboutatrade Active Member

The 2000 Australia Dragon is sold at quite a premium in both 1 and 2 ounce types. The 10 ounce is sold at a premium, however, not near as high a premium. Ebay completed auctions will give you an idea. If you can get the 1 and 2 ounce coins for $75...you can probably flip for a small profit given what premiums are being paid.

4. akito

akito New Member

What are some other similar coins that are selling at a similar high premium?

Draft saved Draft deleted