Yay!!! Post office found my lost package... Again!!! (the saga contines)

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by mrweaseluv, Jan 13, 2021.

1. mrweaseluv

mrweaseluv Supporter! Supporter

after 1st disapearing for almost 3 weeks in transit, the package reapeared on my b-day dec 27... only to disapear for almost another 3 weeks... just reapeared today and it's only an hours drive away... what you wanna bet it takes at least another week to travel that 60 miles lol... (note "Unknown 01153 is the zip code for a single building... the Mass USPS mail distribution center lol)
    PS this is my 1788 Mass copper that is "lost" hehe
    Screenshot_4.png

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
    Sunflower_Coins likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Terrible situation, Christmas time is a terrible time to expect a package. good luck!

4. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

One hour? You should go pick it up. ;)

They're probably like..."The last guy that touched that package had Covid. I ain't touch'n it!"

5. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

That 01153 is actually in Springfield. My postmaster was actually able to finally discern this.

mrweaseluv likes this.
  6. mrweaseluv

US Post Office Bulk Mail Center
    190 Fiberloid St
    Springfield, MA 01153
    yup yup :D

fretboard and tommyc03 like this.
  7. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

At the bulk mail center. Try and find it. That's where the problems are, at the bulk mail centers.

8. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

My coin coming from the northeast finally moved again after a week in Jersey City.
    Never been there but it must be an interesting place.:confused:

9. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Hamlet Squire of Tomfoolery . . . . .

Mine is still in the black hole of Mississippi . . . . . . . .

Latest tracking update - December 20th . . . . . .

Z

upload_2021-1-13_18-40-23.png

10. Heavymetal

Heavymetal Well-Known Member

Good luck

ZoidMeister likes this.
  11. Derrick Combs

Derrick Combs Well-Known Member

Sometimes it come up as Springfield sometimes it comes up unknown. I have many things move through there.

tommyc03 likes this.
  12. Derrick Combs

I am finally getting 2 packages that have been stuck for 2 weeks. Took only a day to get from there to here. Out for delivery today, January 14, I hope... I had another sit for 3 weeks last month

13. jb10000lakes

jb10000lakes Well-Known Member

I just received 2 Christmas cards yesterday; both mailed on the 18th of December out of the Washington D.C. area. Perfect condition and 'easy to read' address on both.

SensibleSal66 likes this.
  14. ZoidMeister

Alas, today the shipper initiated an insurance claim. I will probably get my money back on this one, but I REALLY wanted the coin.

Z

15. mrweaseluv

maybe you get lucky... get refund and then coins finaly show up... had that happen to me once :D even told the dealer when it arrived... he told me to keep the coin he insured it for more then it was worth lol

16. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

I'm down to my last 2 IN Transit
    One from Heritage in Texas left on Dec. 17th and 1- from a eBay seller in Leighton, PA. Lehighton is 69 miles from me an hours ride up the turnpike. So far it's been to FL, NJ back to Leighton then to the Philadelphia Center.
    I contacted the seller so the seller sends me the tracking number.
    I opened a case against him/her or whatever. I'll be on the phone to Heritage today.

17. ZoidMeister

This is what I've been waiting on. Shipped 12/17/2020. OBVIOUSLY, I would prefer the coin instead of a refund. Arrived in Mississippi on 12/20, hasn't been heard of since . . . . .

Z

Screenshot_20210115-100616_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20210115-100627_eBay.jpg

tommyc03, mrweaseluv and dwhiz like this.
  18. Derrick Combs

I won a 200.00 coin for 105. It moved real quick then stopped from December 24 to the 29 then sat another two weeks. I was so glad I didn't lose it. It was a very sexy mercury dime. Came yesterday finally. Hopefully that one turns up. I do know there's still backups everywhere but seems better than a month ago.

ZoidMeister and dwhiz like this.
  19. ZoidMeister

StrongBadHolyCrap.gif

I just checked the USPS tracking system and it says this was delivered today to my work . . . . !

Z

mrweaseluv likes this.
  20. mrweaseluv

Mine arrived today too :D (posted already lol)

ZoidMeister likes this.
  21. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

The seller from Leighton has sent me a new set. due to arrive Tuesday. I tolk the seller if the original shows up I'll return it .
    I spoke to a gal at Heritage and the will contact the post office.

ZoidMeister and mrweaseluv like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted