Yahoo - Spotting Counterfeit Money - Front Page

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Pocket Change, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Pocket Change

Pocket Change Coin Collector

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. tmoneyeagles

tmoneyeagles Indian Buffalo Gatherer

WOW! It made the front page.. LOL!
    That looks like some useful info in there..
    thanks for the link

4. north49guy

north49guy Show me the Money

I saw that, pretty neat.

5. kevcoins

kevcoins Senior Roll Sercher

6. MattJW

MattJW 7 Iron Surgeon

Counterfeit Pens

I'll say this, too many companies rely on those counterfeit pens and I can't tell you how many times I have done reports with managers who later in the day happened to hold up a $100 bill when they were counting an employees drawer and low and behold it's a counterfeit. "But the pen did'nt show it was counterfeit?!", well thats because it's a bleached $5 bill reprinted as a $100 bill. Get rid of those pens and make your employees hold the damn bills up to the light, is it really that hard.

7. gatzdon

gatzdon Numismatist

Everyone that routinely handles cash should have a pocket UV light.

The expensive bill counters do not check the color of the security thread and so even the best counterfeiters tend to ignore that aspect of the bill. If the counterfeiter took the time to match the color on the security thread, chances are you even realize you are spending a counterfeit when you get rid of it.

For the casual person, the color shifting ink is the next best thing to look closer at. Again, the counters don't check that security feature. The few bills I've seen try approximate the color shifting ink by making it sparkle, but it never really shifts color.

Enjoy

Draft saved Draft deleted