X6 Collection

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Bing, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

I just received an email from our old friend and he says he is doing well enough. But he asked for me to let you all know that he (or his consignment) will be on sale next weekend just in time for Black Friday:

"please spread the word about my sale (next Friday, Saturday and Sunday everything will be 30% off the current prices) ... thanks, either way

Oh, and here is the e-mail link if you've never stopped-by and checked-out my stuff: (Batman, Dionysus is selling my coins for me)
    :

http://stores.ebay.com/Dionysus-Coi...d=182245341&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1513&_pgn=1

Steve always had a good eye for coins.

GerardV, Topcat7, Macromius and 16 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. dougsmit

dougsmit Member

True. Unfortunately my finances do not allow buying the bunch of them but Steve has many exceptional coins which should look a great deal better at 30% off. Few of these will be the kind buyers will be tempted to resell anytime soon. They are keepers.

4. ro1974

ro1974 Well-Known Member

very interested coion for me, the picture not s-l1600.jpg

5. ominus1

ominus1 Well-Known Member

always glad to hear news of Stevex6!.. i know you guys were like bros. (totally:smuggrin:..and still are i reckon:))

6. Pishpash

Pishpash Well-Known Member

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
    Topcat7, chrsmat71, Ajax and 4 others like this.
  7. TIF

TIF Always learning.

His Tarentum nomos is outstanding and the price is comparatively good. I sure wish Irma and Maria hadn’t robbed me. Someone is going to be very happy to get that. Don’t judge it by the horrible eBay photos— here are previous images from the dealer:

EE9EC2A9-E980-46DF-A3FE-CEAD1DAEA5C2.jpeg

[sniffle] I want it but the timing is bad :(

Gil-galad, Andres2, randygeki and 7 others like this.
  8. Nathan401

Nathan401 Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Thanks!! Just made a purchase for an awesome coin!!

9. zumbly

zumbly Ha'ina 'ia mai ana ka puana

If you consider that this example below of the exact same type sold in 2012 for closer ~$6k, Steve's coin at the discounted price of 1/3 that looks like a veritable steal. I wish I had the coin cash for it!

717F1498-0ADB-4D42-8230-D846DDA0DB50.png

Gil-galad, Andres2, DBDc80 and 9 others like this.
  10. zumbly

Mikey Zee likes this.
  11. Cucumbor

Cucumbor Well-Known Member

I took advantage of black friday to hit the button myself. You will see it upon arrival (don't want to challenge the gods of postal services :D)

Q

TIF, Alegandron and zumbly like this.
  12. zumbly

Can't wait to see which one you picked up.

After three weeks out of town, I'm flying back tomorrow and will be looking forward to opening up my package of x6 coins. My tracking number shows me that they were delivered four days ago, so I won't be challenging the postal gods by posting this next one. It's one of my favorite coins ever shown on CT, and while it's in my collection now, in my mind its association with Steve is so strong that I'll probably always consider it one of his. Having said that, I sure hope he doesn't ask to buy it back one day! :D

Macedon, Eion, AR Obol? (Tritartemorion?)
    Circa 460-400 BC
    Diameter: 10 mm
    Weight: 0.37 grams
    Obverse: Two geese standing right; ivy leaf and H to left
    Reverse: Quadripartite incuse square
    [​IMG][​IMG]

13. TIF

TIF Always learning.

Someone bought the gorgeous Tarentum nomos. Wish it had been me but I hope at least that it was one of you.

Cucumbor and Stevearino like this.
  14. zumbly

Wow, that was quick!

Cucumbor likes this.
  15. Severus Alexander

Severus Alexander find me at NumisForums

Super jealous of the new owner... maybe Q?

16. Cucumbor

Nope, didn't buy greek (although some of them were winkin' at me ;) )

Q

Severus Alexander likes this.
  17. Severus Alexander

Severus Alexander find me at NumisForums

I found that pretty much all of them were speaking to me. In blue!

TIF and Cucumbor like this.
  18. jb_depew

jb_depew Well-Known Member

I was going to be responsible and not buy any more, but my finger slipped and I bought this RR denarius. Oops!

[​IMG]
    P. Nerva AR Denarius
    Obverse :Helmeted bust of Roma left, holding shield and spear; crescent above, mark of value before.
    Reverse : Three citizens voting; one voter receives ballot from attendant below, another voter places ballot in cista.
    Date : 113-112 BC
    Diameter : 17.21 mm
    Weight : 3.87 g
    References : Crawford 292/1

19. Cucumbor

So true

Q

20. Agricantus

Agricantus Allium aflatunense

That P Nerva denarius is awesome. I really wanted it. But I am out of bugdet. 2 to life, according to my wife.

Please let me know the year when the coa was issued. I cannot tell whem the image.

jb_depew likes this.
  21. jb_depew

jb_depew Well-Known Member

By budget is blown now as well! Time to stay off eBay. The COA was issued by David Sear on May 2, 2013

randygeki likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted