X-large medal holders

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Dave M, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Dave M

Dave M Francophiliac

I've been picking up a few medals here and there, and am stumped on methods for storage and display. I'd like to have them in solid plastic holders that could be on a shelf, and picked up and viewed by folks who might not be as careful as I about handling them, setting them back down, etc. I suppose if need be they could be in a binder, but I'd kind of like them to be on display a bit more than that.

For round items smaller than 50mm, it looks like the Air-Tite holders with various size rings will do the trick, but I have medals up to 90mm in diameter, and some that are rectangular. Any good answers here?

Thanks
    Dave

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

I'd like to find a case for a much larger 120 mm medals/plaques that I would like to find a case for, one of them I have in the original holder from 1919 and a fascinating story with it. The other one is just the medal.

With the rectangular I wonder about making something from plexiglas?

4. Dave M

Dave M Francophiliac

Plexiglass might be a good material to use, but with my available tools and skills the net result would look pretty home-made. Would love to find an off the rack solution for these.

Dave

Draft saved Draft deleted