WWII Paper Money

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by puppetmaster, Mar 4, 2009.

1. puppetmaster

puppetmaster New Member

Does anyone know how much these 3 bills might be worth and some history behind them?

These are actual scans of the notes.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. coinblogger

coinblogger Senior Member

Those are awesome. Thanks for sharing.

4. Wren

Wren Senior Member

very nice, no clue

5. clembo

clembo A closed mind is no mind

My gut feeling without having reference materials in front of me is probably a few bucks.

Hopefully, I'm totally wrong.

6. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

It might be easier to tell, if you posted imsages of your notes.

I believe the top 2 notes are J-42 and J-39... the bottom two notes are in a different book.. and i am 2 doggone tired to look for it lol

7. hontonai

hontonai Registered Contrarian

In other words, the picture does not depict your note. That means the pictures are of no assistance in valuing your notes, since condition is extremely important.

The WW II Japanese Phillipine Occupation note is #13-79 in the Japanese Numismatic Dealers Assn. catalog. In the pristine condition of your picture the 2009 edition values it at ¥300 (US$3.02), but in a crumpled/faded condition it could be worth ¥100 (US$1.01) or less.

The letters which vary between your own notes and the pictures you found somewhere are printing series indicators, and usually have no effect on currency values.

8. hontonai

What am I missing? My screen shows a 1945 Republic of China 5,000 Yuan, a 1944 Republic of China 10,000 Yuan, and the undated Japanese note I responded about. What's the fourth one?????

9. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

Im probably the one missing something :) I looked at his pics, and used this site to look up the notes. I just found it late last week, so i have yet to verify the pick #'s assigned to the notes to see if they are accurate or not. Apparently, i looked at the wrong notes?? :)

10. puppetmaster

puppetmaster New Member

I was able to get the notes scanned and have replaced the images in the original post with the scans. Thanks for all the quick replies.

11. hontonai

Crumpled + tattered edges + bent corners +large stain = <¥100. Sorry about that.

Draft saved Draft deleted