WWII Coins

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Rollbama13, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Rollbama13

Rollbama13 New Member

Alright,

Im going to the coin shop today and the owner has a bargain bin full of world coins. Most are 1945 and older. I was wondering: What wwII coins should I look for: silver, rare, or historical sig.

Im willing to take a gamble and when the coins are a quarter, im willing to take the chance.

Any suggestions

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. MuffinZombie

MuffinZombie New Member

Well, how much are they charging?

4. Taxidermist

Taxidermist Collector of US/IL/RU/DE

There were a couple of posts here yesterday, as far as i remember, now they`re gone. Guess someone else also decided they`re totally unrelated.

Its really hard to give an advice since people got different interests. Personally i would have gone for Germany (especially their WWI/WWII military coinage for other countries), Austria, Italy, Russia.

If you can get rare or silver coins for a quarter each, it would probably be a mistake not to take them of course.

5. Rollbama13

Rollbama13 New Member

Had to push my trip to the shop to tomarow...........:(

Yeah, he's got a tub of world coins....Like I said, most are pre 1945....Ive been snapping up war time fillipino coins.

Are there any scarce WW2 coins? I know thats broad, but im trying to get the good ones. The tub is so large, it would take about 2 hrs to go through.

Are war time french coins worth fooling with?

6. Taxidermist

Taxidermist Collector of US/IL/RU/DE

Really hard to say, personally i dont know any valuable french coins between the 1938-1945 years. Its worth the time if you collect France i guess.

Using a catalog during would be a good idea, you`ll know right away if you find anything valuable. I got a catalog on my PDA, its extremely useful and practical.

If you find the 5 francs from 1939 (KM# 888) and get it for a quarter, do tell :D

7. Rollbama13

Rollbama13 New Member

I'll be on the look out. I mostly grab 1930's and older so I dont know what to look for. I bought a 1945 french 2 francs and lost...(Only a quarter) Im mostly looking for silver world coins. I know U.S. and germany put silver in circ. but were there any others?

8. MuffinZombie

MuffinZombie New Member

Considering he's only offering them for a quater each, thats something to consider.

9. vnickels

vnickels Matt Draiss Numismatics & Galleries

some may only be worth a dime. see if he has any Japanese war money around. that is cheap historical paper money. it can be bought for a dime.

Draft saved Draft deleted