WW2 German Coin Set

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by TimH, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Bert Gedin

Bert Gedin Well-Known Member

TimH. At least there are no Hitler portraits to be seen - that would immediately get the red flags waving. I've got some "coins" with Adolf, and, to me, they are interesting curiousities - fake or not. But worry ye not - they are not for sale !!!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Without photos?

4. Bert Gedin

Without photos.

5. Kentucky

So we should just believe you?

6. Bert Gedin

Whatever your preference. You can believe me or disbelieve me.

7. Kentucky

Thank you

8. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Guess that photos are not required in such cases. ;) Of course "coins" (note the inverted commas that Bert also used in his post) with Hitler's portrait exist. Some of those were made in the times of the nazi regime, others were made later in order to make people happy who like to collect such items ...

Christian

9. TimH

TimH New Member

A question for those of you who are more knowledgeable about things like weight. I don't have a scale precise enough to measure it, but the 1941 50 Reichspfennig A is extremely light compared to the other coins of its size in my collection. To me it feels unnaturally light, but I know that coins during the war were made of a variety of materials, possibly a cheaper and much lighter one in this case. I just want to verify one way or the other, for obvious reasons. Does anyone have any input on that?

10. TimH

TimH New Member

From the info I can find, it is made of aluminum - guess that explains a lot.

11. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Yep, the weight of that coin is 1.333 g. May look and feel a little cheap, but many other countries use(d) aluminum for coins too ...

Christian

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
  12. demyhhh

demyhhh New Member

I have a few of these coins from metal detecting

13. DANIEL HENRIQUEZ

DANIEL HENRIQUEZ Active Member

I have a collection from an uncle of German coins from 1871 through WWII including some "rare" dates and mints with some recent ones in the 60s. If anyone has an interest, please let me know.

14. MikeinWyo

MikeinWyo Member

No kidding?! Being that I live in Wyomissing, I will have to research this.

Draft saved Draft deleted