WW2 Era and older paper currency, Military, US and foreign Need some help please

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by 707decals, Feb 2, 2012.

1. 707decals

707decals New Member

[​IMG]
    I inherited an old safe about 8 years ago and finally had a lock smith open it about a month ago.
    I have some US and Foreign, coins and paper currency I want to sell. Being new to all of this I have done some research with mixed results.
    I anyone has knowledge of these notes in particular the Algeria Franc notes, I would really appreciate some ballpark values on some of these. Thank you in advance.
    Here is a link to my photobucket album that has larger pics
    http://photobucket.com/papercurrency

Dont want to fill thread will pics if you goto the link above and if you can let me know which notes are the most valuable I would really appreciate it.
    Thank You!

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. 707decals

707decals New Member

more notes

Here are more pics

Attached Files:

4. lettow

lettow Senior Member

The Algerian notes are fantastic. The high denomination notes are fairly scarce and these look to be very weel preserved. The catalog on them is in excess of $200.00 each in a grade of Extra Fine. These notes in these grades are very tough and frequently will bring above catalog.

The other singificant notes are the Italian AMC set which also appear to be high grade and the $10.00 Military Payment Certificate. I would estimate the Italian group at $150.00-200.00 if in Uncirculated condition, about 100.00 is EF. The MPC note would be about $100.00 also.

Great stuff.

5. 707decals

707decals New Member

Thank you for the info! Do you have an opinion on the other Algeria notes?
    Thank you so much for your time

6. Dave M

Dave M Francophiliac

The Algerian notes are really a nice set, in great condition compared to what you usually see. The ones in your second post here, much more than the first batch. I know someone who would be interested in them if you're selling :)

Dave

7. 707decals

707decals New Member

Thanks Dave, I did sell a few of the notes already but I do want to sell the rest. I had them on Ebay blocking international buyers but I kept getting requests to open auctions to international bidders.
    I would rather sell them all at once for a lower price and ship in the US.
    Message me if the person you know is interested.
    Thanks,
    Dan

Draft saved Draft deleted