WW2 Anniversary Silver Eagle

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Indianhead65, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Indianhead65

Indianhead65 Well-Known Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

They are getting their money's worth from those V75 privy marks this year aren't they?

Santinidollar and NSP like this.
  4. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I'd sure like to have one, too, but I just can't get over the fact that they are more than twice as much as previous Y2K issues. ~ Chris

Indianhead65 likes this.
  5. furryfrog02

Chris, that privy mark don't come cheap...

Mike Davis likes this.
  6. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Definitely would be nice to have some sort of time frame for it. D-Day would have been a good day for it, I guess Japans formal surrender date might happen but it seems more like it'll just be a random date

NSP and Indianhead65 like this.
  7. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Hogwash! I could probably get a good metalworker to copy it as a punch. I could buy a "Green Monster" and create my own business strikes. They'd sell like crazy on Etsy. ~ Chris:woot:;):greedy:

dwhiz and furryfrog02 like this.
  8. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

How about Hiroshima? That's in August........ultimate of bad taste if that happens.

CamaroDMD and Indianhead65 like this.
  9. Indianhead65

Indianhead65 Well-Known Member

I agree....a very bad choice.

10. hotwheelsearl

hotwheelsearl Well-Known Member

Why is this coin so expensive? I mean I can easily envision fakers stamping their regular issue coins with the privy mark and making some easy tricks.

11. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

It's only $5.00 more than the 2020 Proof SAE. That's still a bit expensive but it's limited to a mintage of 75,000 which is relatively low compared to other Proof SAEs.

12. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

You can't just counterstamp privy marks onto coins, it would be obvious

thomas mozzillo likes this.
  13. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

I'm OK at that price point. I'm going to try and get one.

Indianhead65 likes this.
  14. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Since I haven’t bought this year’s rendition of the ASE proof, I’ll probably go for one.

Indianhead65 likes this.
  15. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

May I'll get one and add it to my "War in the Pacific" coins War in the pacific Guam 2.jpg

16. Charles Ruge

Charles Ruge Supporter! Supporter

The mint is really going nutso with their prices this year. They want over $600 for the 1/10oz gold coin. I don't think I'll ever see $6000 an ounce gold in my lifetime.

17. furryfrog02

Problem is, people still pay it so the mint thinks it's ok. Then they up the price next year...
    BTW - love that turtle boat in your avatar

18. Wizank

Wizank Well-Known Member

That is a great display!! Nice going!

dwhiz likes this.
  19. Virginian

Virginian Well-Known Member

Actually wouldn't have minded that, but I thought VJ day (August 15) would have been perfect . . . but ain't gonna happen. Japan signed the surrender papers on September 2, and that would have also worked, but that does not seem like it's going to happen, either. I guess running the mint is hard.

Anyway, I'm going to try to get two - one to keep and one to flip. At a 75000 cap, I am pretty confident thay will eventually exceed the sale price.

BTW , , , can anyone explain what a "privy" stamp is? Isn't privy another word for a toilet or bathroom?

20. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

If you're a Brit...............:)

21. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

They're waiting for a limited release of it online and then they'll take a few hundred to the Whitman show in Baltimore (which won't happen this year)! :happy:

Draft saved Draft deleted