WTB: WTB circulated US Type coins 1912, 1915, 1927, 1929

Discussion in 'Want Lists' started by Seattlite86, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

Hey Folks,

Please help me with a fun coin project! A very close family friend of mine (I would describe him as my surrogate father) has asked for my assistance. He’s got four horseless carriages (or antique American autos, if you will). The years are 1912, 1915, 1927 and 1929. These antique cars are incredible! They’re all original and look like they just came off the factory line. He works on the cars himself and takes great pride and care with them. He has newspapers from each of those years that he likes to lay in the passenger seat when he takes the cars to shows to help transport people back in time. He said he would like to display the coins used in each year as well and asked for my assistance.

Most of my US coins are in the US and I’m stationed in Europe, so I can’t pull what I have for this. I’d like to put these sets together as quickly as possible. Since they’re going to be set in the cars and potentially left unwatched, they don’t need to be high grade examples. In fact, I much prefer circulated coins that got used in those years. Even problem coins that are not that big of a deal if they’re not too distracting. Mint mark is irrelevant. If you have any of these, or capital plastics style display cases to hold them, please message me.

I need 3x cent through half dollar display cases and 1x cent through dollar display case.

Once I fill a slot, I’ll put (have) after the coin. As of yet, I have three nickels from my coin roll hunting.

Here is my wish list:
    Cent
    Nickel
    Dime
    Quarter
    Half dollar

Cent
    Nickel (have)
    Dime
    Quarter
    Half dollar

Cent