Wrong planchet multiple vareity coin?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Coin Guy, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Coin Guy

Coin Guy New Member

I found a 1993-D Penny. I think it definetly looks like a dime planchet, but could just be smaller cut penny i guess. Looks like a bunch of stuff happened... Looks like multi-strike, or DDO. Die break. Then die chips and the break/cud in the vague shape of the last 2-4 numbers of date repeat themselves 2-3 times northward into/across field, fading with each. In the field above LIBERTY there are 3 lined up letters( GOD? or three from another word, sorry I'm a newbie with a newbie magnifier 2X with tiny 4X circle ) Also, below LIBERTY some of the I and all of B,E,R , and some T letters drop in a south, SE line to edge. More chips/cud touching S in trust. And an apparent crumb on his lip. Nothinreal obvious at first...Hey, new to the site, would appreciate any advice/opinion on realness, rarity, value.. My terminology prob isn't 100%, and after I look closer maybe a small variant from that, but hope it'll do until i get a picture... Nice Looking coin. THANK YOU

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

Gotta see a pic.

4. vnickels

vnickels Matt Draiss Numismatics & Galleries

Yeah, pics needed.

5. Coin Guy

Coin Guy New Member

Gonna be a little bit.....

6. Hobo

Hobo Squirrel Hater

Guess we will have to wait.

So where do you live in Colorado?

7. Coin Guy

Coin Guy New Member

I'm over here on the Western Slope...
    When my Camera gets back I'll just post a pic from now on but it wouldn't stay ON the day I was trying to take this one, and didn't know how to get a good one. So I guess I was WAY OFF base with my ignorant evaluation... I was told it was the heat at minting and the top layer rotated? Leaving a lightly visible date(s) in that field, along with the barely visible "three letters" in opposite field, and some other oddities below Liberty. I was also told the coin was buffed to appear lighter and thinner, making it dime colored, and the other irregularites were bubbles, not a die break or cud. I know these things weren't easily spotted and I'm new to this, but I would've bet my first born it was SOMETHING!... So next time I post it will be...SOMETHING. The moral of this story: Don't ever listen to me.

Draft saved Draft deleted