Wow!!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by jonkubes, Feb 23, 2011.

1. jonkubes

jonkubes Longacre Enthusiast

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

What did you see?:eek:

4. gbroke

gbroke Naturally Toned

:scratch: Can't respond (except this one) until I see coin.

5. jonkubes

6. Hobo

Hobo Squirrel Hater

It must be good!!

7. gbroke

gbroke Naturally Toned

Well I do like the toning. I dont like it 8x value though. That being said, the seller does have a make offer option. Sometimes it is truly hard to put a value on a toned coined. They are wroth a premium to many people. So he will probably feel out some offers. I always low ball on some 'make offer' auctions and a lot of time a counteroffer is sent.

8. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

Wow, Larry Shapiro? Hes usually expensive but I wouldnt think that much for that coin, toned or not. Yikes.

He's only a few miles from me but never been to his shop, too high end :/

9. jonkubes

Yeah, see I have an 1894 (way lower mintage) and that was 1/3 the price and very similar to this one (toning wise). I was just floored. It looks like someone offered and the seller never responded. umm....

10. jonkubes

I think he is dreaming big on this one. :) lol

11. jonkubes

12. ronterry

ronterry New Member

13. jcakcoin

jcakcoin New Member

14. jonkubes

Some people are just amazing! :)

15. Dollar1948

Dollar1948 New Member

Wow..could be 2 things...either the seller is a village idiot, or he is hoping a village idiot will spend this kind of money.:rolleyes:

16. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

Some people pay crazy prices for toned coins as we all know, who knows...maybe there is someone out there who loves this color so much they will pay that. Who knows.

Also, the seller has a "make offer" option too. Perhaps he is listing a really high price with a much lower price in mind and just seeing if he can get more than he wants for it.

17. poorguy

poorguy New Member

Eh. Not a bad looking coin. Not my cup of tea but I see the appeal it would have to some. As others have pointed out, just use the offer button or call larry directly. I'm sure he would be reasonable. www.lsrarecoins.com

18. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

19. Louie_Two_Bits

Louie_Two_Bits Chump for Change

On the 1904 IHC, did the seller doctor the images? There's a bunch of random blur spots on the obv and rev. I dunno, regardless, waaay overpriced.

-LTB

20. Louie_Two_Bits

Louie_Two_Bits Chump for Change

Good grief, did they make that 1909 S out of plaster of Paris? Unbelievable...

-LTB

21. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Well, it is in a PCGS slab.....Holy Grail....

I edited my first respose due to the fact that it was slabbed, but perhaps I should stay with my original feeling. STAY AWAY......

Draft saved Draft deleted