WOW! The Mint screwed up Big League...

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Cascade, May 25, 2017.

1. 2011steeny

2011steeny Member

FYI if you paid attention, you would see I'm a NEW member. Like most other sites and forums when you join, you give info. about yourself & why it's important to you, to comment on the topic. I was trying to be thorough, & share my thoughts about the newly discovered P mint eagles. You were the one who criticized my comment, and I tried to fix it, after your comment, but there is a time limit to do that. I also mentioned that the last several lines would get the message through, and now you're calling me a liar about my collection. I do have everything I mentioned plus several other Silver Eagles I didn't mention, and 3 large safes full of other coins. I've probably been collecting coins longer then you've been alive, and I just try to be thorough, especially when I comment on things I'm passionate about.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. 2011steeny

2011steeny Member

Sorry I don't abbreviate everything like the younger generation does, and I don't lie about about what I am, or what I have.

4. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Or you could read, the other guy was the one who was critical of it all I did was summarize for it. This is the last response I am going to make to this nonsense though

5. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Boys, Boys...........no need to sic the Miss Manners grammar police on the poor fellow. :)

@steedo79 Proof read before you hit the send button. I'm luckier than you as I've got the option to edit way beyond your time limit. I don't know why though.......just lucky.

6. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

I think that someone said supporters retain editing capabilities for longer.

7. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Then I'll have to withdraw my support......... devil.gif

baseball21 likes this.
  8. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

HSN was peddling the 2015 "Philadelphia" ASE for $4,599 tonight. LOL

Michael K likes this.
  9. baseball21

The usual ANACS 70s?

10. Santinidollar

You got it! A cee-gar for that gentleman!

baseball21 likes this.
  11. 2011steeny

2011steeny Member

I thought this would be fun for an older guy like me to try out, but I was wrong. This just goes to show the younger generation apparently knows way more then those of us who have been collecting coins longer then most of them have been alive. I'll let you have this, and I'll stick to my local coin clubs, and coin shows in my area. Good luck to all of you and God Bless.

12. baseball21

It is fun and informative, but the internet is not for people with paper thin skin

13. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

True. Long ago, trolls and know-it-alls laid claim to the internet.

14. GaryLomax

GaryLomax I collect, therefore I am

Yea I dont think its a coincidence that Mike Mezack did a 2 HOUR SHOW yesterday almost completely focused on all the "secret" Silver Eagles in their various grades and holders. He is likely sitting on thousands and this latest news is a huge threat to his stockpile.

He's always been overpriced, but I never saw him as dishonest. But selling these last night and telling the audience the story of why these coins are so special WHILE LEAVING OUT THE PART ABOUT THE LATEST NEWS FROM THE MINT... I lost a lot of respect.

15. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

And they still do on CT with every new Carr product released... Yeah, I went there... Burn! :borg:

coinsareus10 and Chiefbullsit like this.
  16. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

I was waiting for that one. But the trolls and know-it-alls I am speaking of have never looked in the mirror. Yeah, I went there.

17. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Folks, keep the thread close to the subject. This one was about Mint-ASEs, not tokens or monetary coins. This thread will not evolve into another useless harangue.

Steeny hang around and look at some of the other threads. There is a lot to learn here. Perhaps there are some trolls and some "know it alls" here , but they will tip toe on the edge of the rules, or they won't be. Harvest knowledge and leave the rest on the ground. Some "know it alls" do come close to that ,so pay attention to them when you decide who they are. Jim

18. Santinidollar

I think if anyone was inclined to make excuses for Mikey and his sales tactics, last night's show should have changed their minds. He really showed what he is about.

19. davidh

davidh soloist gnomic

When you buy into this game, you buy into the rules and costs.

20. Santinidollar

I hope you don't mean to defend HSN.

21. Ditto

Ditto Member

Not sure. As a teenager it may have not mattered much. I do still have a Billy Beer can packed away. Lol

Draft saved Draft deleted