WOW Didn't see that coming!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Bmagold, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Bmagold

Bmagold Active Member

I believe I blogged about a couple of these issues before. 1 last winter and 1 just a week or so ago. Last winter I asked if it would bother you if you sent a submission in and when you got it back coins were encapsulated rev. first and some set crooked. I learned it didn't really bother some of you. It bothered me because 90% of my coins were as such and made them correct every one on their dime. They did! It really kinda shocked me as I felt it shoddy for one and I thought who would take all that time researching and grading ect. and then install encapsulate them with so little care. It was really more than that, even though that was pretty bad to me I wasn't unruly when l spoke to them about it I think the worst I said was that I was very unhappy and said call it O C D call it what you will, I will lose sleep over this. But again there was more than that. They couldn't encapsulate my Panama pill not having a slab slab small enough, I sent an 1835 British India 1 real that wasn't specific as to which one out of five it was easy mine was F incised on truncation , I sent in an 1898 -D German 5- pfennig low 9 they couldn't make the call which it's kinda cool cause in the catalog for the low 9 it just says rare. P C G S did I'd it as the low 9 and when you check the population on the reg. strike there is like 30 population on the low 9-one mine but I digress. Still believe they made wrong identification on my 1965 English Churchill crown. And on ect. I decided not to send any thing else to them at least for a while. Well about a month and a half ago I sent them a 30 coin modern submission and I didn't hear anything for some time. When I texted them about it they told me they were going to send my coins back they weren't going to charge me anything an felt it better I find another grading company. They didn't like the treatment I gave the staff last winter .When I wrote them back I said so that I understand you want me to take your name off the 4 other submissions I have lined up for you for the rest of the year. They texted back saying yes we feel it best. That's when I told them for the record you came across that I was less than cordial and if so that is a lie l am always cordial. Well I just got my coins back and was pretty blown away to see all 30 coins were slabbed and graded at n.c. I really thought I was getting back raw coins. Now I don't quite know what to think or how to feel I really didn't think our exchange was that bad so if you are looking ANACS Thank You I didn't see that coming.

John Burgess likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Texting them and responses is just lol

4. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Your wall of text would be less intimidating and more likely to be read by people if you broke it up into paragraphs. Just sayin'.

tl;dr

5. Bmagold

Bmagold Active Member

Hey it takes me three weeks just typing my name. But my grammar is good. No really thanks for the input. I am going to have a twitch for the rest of my life now

6. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

I think it needs a complete rewrite. It rambles, doesn't make much sense, seems to imply that PCGS is the problem, and then in the last sentence you discover he is talking about ANACS. It reads like english isn't his first language, which is possible.

Nyatii and PlanoSteve like this.
  7. lordmarcovan

True, I'll give you that. Seen much worse. ;)

8. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

TTIWWOP.jpg
    R.I.P. Regis

Roman Collector likes this.
  9. Bmagold

Bmagold Active Member

ANACS was the problem PCGS. Was able to fix 1 of the problems ANACS could not do. My point to this is ANACS wasn't upset with me and dropped me as a customer because I was rude or unruly. Among all I paid them for they couldn't do, I didn't like how carelessly they slabbed my coins they didn't like having to correct 33 coins they encapsulated rev first and crooked. What I did not see coming is them encapsulating my entire last submission a 30 coin submission and not charging me and then asking me to use another grading co. I thought that they were sending my coins back raw. I think that encapsulating them with out care is a bad practice. I am almost positive nobody would send a slab back and say hey can you make the rev show in the front and while your at it put a 2 o'clock angle on it.

10. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

What? o_O

11. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

I understand what he’s saying. My grammar and spelling less than stellar though it’s got a little better due to much complaining from many. I’m also mildly dyslexic and have a lot of nerve damage in my elbows that I’m too busy to have surgery on so I often can barely feel my hands especially after a long day of work. What he’s saying is he wasn’t happy with anacs for quality control and they told him to go elsewhere but did his last submission free of charge and he wanted to thank them

12. lordmarcovan

For the record, I did once send a Roman coin back to NGC because they had encapsulated it reverse-forward.

I got a letter from David Vagi explaining that they usually holdeted that particular issue (the Judaea Capta denarius) with the reverse (the Judaea Capta side) facing forward in the slab, since it was such a popular type.

OK, that makes some sense, and it It was nice of him to take the time to explain that. (And they fixed it.)

But since that coin was part of my Twelve Caesars collection, I needed the obverse side (with its portrait of the emperor Vespasian) facing forward, to match the 11 other emperor portraits in my set. A portrait collection looks a little stupid when one is slabbed the wrong way 'round!

So I get it when it comes to being picky about details like that. Call me OCD, but details DO count.

I don't think it is unreasonable for someone to want their coins to be straight in their holders, and not facing the wrong way 'round.

So yeah. I get that part.

TC10-Vespasian-030500-frame.jpg TC00-Box-005000-pic1.jpg

13. MeowtheKitty

MeowtheKitty Well-Known Member

Oh, so that is translation then? Thanks.

14. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

I passed up most of your thread. From what I did read it sure sounds angry and abrupt. Shorten and BE NICE...

15. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

@Bmagold I am still a bit confused. Was it ANACs that you had the problem with?
    Never the less, either TPG should have been able to take your complaint and request without complaint on their part, especially after receiving the slabs back and seeing how they were mounted. If ANACs is like the others, the slabbing is done separately and then returned to you, so someone working that day must not have been on their game.

16. CoinCorgi

CoinCorgi Tell your dog I said hi!

BEST ANSWER!!!

Oldhoopster, micbraun and PlanoSteve like this.
  17. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

Not sure if you are ranting, raving, or praising a grading company, or which grading company. it reads like a never ending car crash, just like a really long skid that never ends in an impact and goes around the block.

Still I give the post two thumbs up, it was better than Hamilton! Fun times! You get a like from me, I need more of this in my life!

CoinCorgi likes this.
  18. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

I've had a lot of people call me a twitch!

19. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Must be something wrong with me, I understood it!

Cheech9712 and Oldhoopster like this.
  20. Nyatii

Nyatii I like running w/scissors. Makes me feel dangerous

You're from Kentucky.

brg5658, Oldhoopster and Kentucky like this.
  21. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

That might explain it, I was born and raised in Kentucky as well. (Wasn't my idea) :)

Nyatii likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted