Would YOU have this 1909 S VDB and 1982 Cap cent slabbed?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Southernman189, Jul 25, 2021.

1. johnmilton

johnmilton Well-Known Member

It really depends upon what the 1909-S-VDB would be worth certified. The coin is not rare at all, and most collectors would rather have a no problem one if they are going to lay down any significant money.

The Greysheet says a G-4 is worth $525, but for $150 more you can get a VF. That's a 28% increase, but for the money, I would save up a little more and get the much better coin. All of this makes the low grade coins "tough sells" for low grade coins. Problem coins should be tougher sells.

Coming to the point, I would want to buy your damaged piece really cheap, like a couple hundred dollars. You can't get much of anything for a raw 1909-S-VDB because of all of the counterfeits. So if that money matters to you certification, would be worth it.

Southernman189 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Southernman189

Southernman189 Well-Known Member

I am sorry, when I posted "i am Back" this is what is should have lead with. It is NOT in my hand yet but is in the mail this is "the rest of the story, Good day!" ("Paul Harvey", I miss 42853040_trueview_224606015_medium (1).jpg that guy")

potty dollar 1878 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted