Would this be considered a DIE crack or something else?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by FRANKNITTIE, Jul 20, 2012.

1. FRANKNITTIE

FRANKNITTIE Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. dsmith23

dsmith23 Gotta get 'em all

Looks to be a possible lamination to me.

4. FRANKNITTIE

FRANKNITTIE Member

is that good or bad..lol sorry

5. FRANKNITTIE

FRANKNITTIE Member

From the silence of all the haters i'll take its a great thing!

6. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

Get rid of your copy of 'Make millions with pocket change'.

Look at coppercoins.com and lincolncentresource.com for accurate info on Lincoln Cent errors.

7. FRANKNITTIE

FRANKNITTIE Member

LOL I dont expect millions, I would rather have alot of 50 to 100 coins! THEY ADD UP

8. KoinJester

KoinJester Well-Known Member

Lamination defect some consider it an error some consider it a damaged planchet.

9. BUncirculated

BUncirculated Well-Known Member

Die cracks will be raised on the coin.

Those are crevices.

10. Jim M

Jim M Ride it like ya stole it

Its lamination on the coin. Value is minimal however having said that the area is interesting, it almost looks like the top of his head is peeling away.. As for Rickmp remark about the book. I think the book you are referencing is Strike it Rich with Pocket Change. I have had MANY people approach me about coins that indeed they have found in circulation because of that book. I actually have coins that are featured in that book and I also happen to be good friends with the author and he is a very well respected member of the numismatic world.

11. ziggy9

ziggy9 *NEC SPERNO NEC TIMEO*

That is a lamination error. It happens when an impurity in the copper causes part of the planchet to seperate from the rest of the planchet. Some people do collect this type of planchet error. How much its worth depends on who is looking to buy as there are no set prices for these kinds of things, maybe a few bucks to the right person.

Richard

Draft saved Draft deleted