Would this $2 bill be considered a radar?

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by jmf2737, Apr 9, 2011.

1. jmf2737

jmf2737 New Member

Picked up a few $2 bills at the bank today, nothing special. Just wondering if you guys think this is a radar?

Also, does the second note look like it was cut from a sheet?

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. silentnviolent

silentnviolent accumulator--selling--make an offer I can't refuse

I posted a similar note before and the general consensus was that the zero at the front disqualifies it as a radar note. http://www.cointalk.com/search.php?searchid=323127
    However, I kept mine and consider it every bit as good as an 8-digit radar.
    the second one, I dunno. lol, I've seen my neice trim the borders off everything from dollars to postage stamps with her safety scissors.

4. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

If I remember correctly the uncut sheets are numbers 996XXXXX and up.

5. clayirving

clayirving Supporter**

For Series 1995 $2 FRN, the serial number range for sheets for the FB block was F97649946B - F99670697B (Source: Robert Azpiazu's Collector's Guide to Modern Federal Reserve Notes, Series 1963-2009).

Why in the world would someone do such a hack job cutting a sheet?

6. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

Nope!

Yup!

7. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

Try 96000001-99200000. I'm guessing the 99670697 number is just a typo--if anybody's actually seen a 1995 $2 F..B sheet with serials above 99200000, I'd like to hear about it. :cool:

8. clayirving

clayirving Supporter**

I just passed on what the book indicated.

[​IMG]

9. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

Right...but that particular book does have an unfortunate number of typos. (For example, on that page, the second instance of SEP 96 should be OCT 96, and the second instance of OCT 96 should be NOV 96. And there's no such thing as a 1993 $2, so the comment about mules doesn't make sense either...it belongs with the 1995 $1's, probably.)

Azpiazu's listings of uncut sheet serials appear to be the highest and lowest numbers he's observed--he doesn't appear to have made any attempt to use the plate positions to work out estimated serial ranges for each printing. Observed sheets from the 1995 $2 F..B block have skips of 100,000 serials between positions (far the largest skip for any of the modern uncut sheets, BTW), so counting forward and back from the note in the original post, its sheet would have ranged from A1 F96069317B to H4 F99169317B. The overall range for the run looks to be 96000001-99200000, with a small amount of uncertainty at each end.

Every other 1995 $2 sheet block used a serial range that appears to end very close to 99999999. So I've long suspected that there might be a second printing of F..B sheets, using some of the 800,000 remaining serials in the range above 99200000. But so far I've never seen a sheet or a note that could belong to such a printing. It's *possible* that the F99670697B listed in Azpiazu's book is such a note--but given the number of typos in the book, I think a typo seems the likelier explanation. I'm still keeping a lookout for evidence of a higher-numbered F..B printing, but at this point I'm ready to conclude that it probably doesn't exist. Sometimes the BEP just numbers one uncut sheet printing in a different way than all the others, just because.... :rolleyes:

Draft saved Draft deleted