Worth one cent

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by lordmarcovan, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Nah not really implying you lie. Just very lucky. Please excuse me

lordmarcovan likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Dave Waterstraat

Dave Waterstraat Well-Known Member

IMG_0794.JPG IMG_0795.JPG My coinstar reject pull from Monday.

4. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

When I saw the subject line I was sure that was going to be about "worth one 1909S VDB cent" or something like that.

5. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

D0EAF5DA-68C9-4B5D-AC7E-205ED1F88955.jpeg 1FE44B48-47C3-4051-994F-5C4FD8C029BD.jpeg Here’s a couple I pull copper Lincoln’s from circulation and toss them In a drawer and I’m surprised how many red and unc examples I find

6. Gunner1944

Gunner1944 Active Member

Found coin roll hunting yesterday

Attached Files:

7. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Best Coinstar haul I've seen in awhile, congrats!

Dave Waterstraat likes this.
  8. Dave Waterstraat

My best pull ever. Previous best was 2 silver Roosevelt Dimes and the one prior to this was quite a while ago..

TexAg likes this.
  9. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Thats me all day

10. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Nice haul! Doesn't really qualify for a "face value, but fun" thread, though, since those are worth more than face value!

PS- my all-time CoinStar haul now stands at exactly two hideously corroded Zincolns, I think. Oh- and a hair barrette or bobby pin. Something like that. Slim pickins at the machine in my grocery store, though I do check periodically. Maybe one day I'll hit something sweet.

11. lordmarcovan

Somewhere beneath the dustbunnies and giant mats of cat hair, I've got a blue Whitman folder of Jeffersons I was working on- strictly with circulation finds only.

Did that with the Statehood quarters, too (types, not date-and-mint). With those I had a free folder I'd gotten from Whitman, thanks to a mail-in coupon out of the Red Book, so why not? They took me about a year to complete, just from pocket change- not even roll hunting. Somewhere I've still got a National Parks folder I also got for free with a Whitman coupon. I should dust off that and the Jeffie folder and resume working on them.

Also in my neglected folders is a Lincoln Wheat cent folder with nothing but detector finds in it. No keys, of course- but I did find a 1911-D and a couple of 1909 VDB coins.

I've never owned an S-VDB in 41 years of collecting. I did cherrypick this out of a Wheat cent bulk lot once, however. That qualifies as my second best cherrypick of all time.

12. Muzyck

Muzyck Rabbits!

This showed up in my change a few years back. Not really that great but the first time in my life I found one in circulation that wasn't black.

United States Steel cent 1943 obverse 2.jpg
    United States Steel cent 1943 reverse 2.jpg

Pickin and Grinin and Stork like this.
  13. Dave Waterstraat

My apology for not cropping out the dimes. The photo was taken for a thread on another site for coinstar finds. The steel cent was the coin meant for this thread. While it is in EF condition it is quite seasoned...:)

14. lordmarcovan

... and still worth more than face value. Your finds are too nice for this thread. Try to step it down a little. ;)

15. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

I know in my frustration I said I was done with this thread, but it was nothing against lordmarcoven.
    Went metal detecting today and found this: (whole hunt after)
    1964C.png day247.JPG
    Highlights. Found a small gold one yesterday.
    highlights 2.png
    gold.png

Stork, lordmarcovan and PlanoSteve like this.
  16. lordmarcovan

Wow! That 1964 cent is amazing! Remarkable even if it was a surface find.

I've seen and dug a few coins in pristine condition, but never full Red copper or bronze!

I remember finding a shallow 1919 cent once that looked like it came out of some collector's album. Not a speck of corrosion on it. But it was brown, of course.

My relic hunting buddies have found even earlier coins in remarkably well preserved condition.

PS- congrats on that gold ring! Is that emerald in it?

17. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

Like I said, sometimes you just brush away the wood chips and it hasn't found it's way into the ground yet. I know it's not worth anything, but I am keeping it.
    The gold ring is very interesting. (3rd one) This one is very small. I thought it might have a chance, because it had the nice inlay. (not an emerald)
    It is stamped 10K MEX which means, while it is gold, because it is from Mexico it is most likely 8k or 9K. In the US they don't recognize something as being "gold" if it is less than 10K. But if it is 9K, there's still $24 worth of gold in it.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  18. lordmarcovan

Playground finds?

Michael K likes this.
  19. Dave Waterstraat

This is as low as I go...picked from a small pile of pocket change pulls on my desk...:)
    1971S.obv.JPG 1971S.rev.JPG

Stork likes this.
  20. lordmarcovan

Now you're talkin'! Face value, but fun!

Since I've always been on the East coast, getting an S-mint coin in change was always fun.

Dave Waterstraat likes this.
  21. Dave Waterstraat

Same here, S mint coins were always special and saved..

Draft saved Draft deleted