Worth Keeping?

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by Amberlarry22, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Amberlarry22

Amberlarry22 Well-Known Member

Found these all in one roll. All or most of them are AU possible BU 20210304_104012.jpg

NOS likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. DarkRage666

DarkRage666 Ͳìɾҽժղҽʂʂ Ͳąҟҽղ ටѵҽɾ

It's all personal opinion... IMO I'd keep them

4. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

I would just give em back there so common.

5. 1stSgt22

1stSgt22 I'm just me!

The question is "Worth Keeping". Those like they are in really great condition. My opinion is any coin you like is worth keeping. Just keep in mind that the better the condition the better the chance it might increase in collector value sometime in the future. Of course the opposite can also be the case. Bottom line is it's your collection so your should keep what you like and can afford.

Amberlarry22 and DarkRage666 like this.
  6. DarkRage666

DarkRage666 Ͳìɾҽժղҽʂʂ Ͳąҟҽղ ටѵҽɾ

Yup basically what I was getting at ;)

Amberlarry22 likes this.
  7. YoloBagels

YoloBagels Well-Known Member

I would keep them. The 2009 ones and the early ATB quarters are tough to find nowadays, especially in unc like yours are.

8. derkerlegand

derkerlegand Well-Known Member

Not for me, but if you like 'em, by all means yeah.

Amberlarry22 likes this.
  9. Amberlarry22

Amberlarry22 Well-Known Member

Thanks for your Opionions I will keep 1 of each. The best one wins. lol

10. Bradley Trotter

Bradley Trotter Well-Known Member

Going off of what @YoloBagels said, save the best and spend the rest.

11. Evan Saltis

Evan Saltis Helpful? Click *Best Answer*! Supporter

Agreed. 2009 is worth it. i like to take circulation coins, list them on numista, and swap them with foreigners. Cheap and easy!

12. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

I have a pile just like that I use for the vending machine.

13. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

American Samoa and North Mariana Islands are the low mintage ones of that series if you count DC and territories as "state quarters"
    the drop in 2009 is significant, they went from over 2 billion quarters a year to about half a million or so a year. uif you count DC&Territories as part of the state set, then 2009-P Northern Mariana Islands is the low mintage one at 37,600,000 but all of the 2009 year is much lower than usual.

2010-2012 are all low annual numbers also, around a half million coins a year.

in 2012, the two lowest mintages occur.
    2012-P Acadia = 21,606,000
    2012-P or D Chaco Culture 22,000,000

it starts getting back to normal in 2013.

Believe it or not, the National Park series, those coins from 2010-2012 were HARD to find in nice shape, never mind something that could be considered BU mid level.

Worth Keeping? They would be if you ever intended to make a set of them, or came across someone making a set.

Yesterday I gave a girl at work 4 BU state quarters she was missing from her set I had just laying around from when I was hunting and setting aside the nicer once that turned up. She's not doing the DC & territories part though, just one of those maps of the 50 states, but hanging on to them came in handy to score some points with the new chick!:playful:

I'd say from the picture, that guam one isn't quite up to snuff compared to the condition of the others.

Evan Saltis likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted