Worth grading?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Coinneseur, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Coinneseur

Coinneseur Active Member

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2018
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

no
    all severely damaged

why would you think otherwise, haven't you posted them in other threads.

Coinneseur likes this.
  4. Coinneseur

Coinneseur Active Member

No its the first steel pennies I posted sir... the coinneseur penny (which is “...the world is yours,” penny is just there to show that it is me it is how I prove the kodaks to be mine, for it is my avatar). The copper and steel pennies are to compare one from the other of the same year and the other of its kind.

5. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

No. For the sweet love of tiny, infant, baby jesus NO.

6. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Really cool way to sneak in a political comment, too, you devil you. Well played!

Coinneseur, frankjg and Clawcoins like this.
  7. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Yes, worth it!

I'd go PCGS Express, with Photoview!

On eBay?
    Priceless

8. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

If a certain someone sees this he's going to lose it. Not so much if the other way around. ;)

9. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

What are the odds that the thread is going to get deleted ?

10. V. Kurt Bellman

I dunno. Something close to Justify's odds in the Belmont Stakes. Nah, not even THAT long.

Coinneseur and Clawcoins like this.
  11. BooksB4Coins

I still have yet to find any logical justification for how such things are dealt with, but to be fair it's nowhere near as bad as it used to be. Still, for something like this I'd give it a 99% chance of at least being edited. If the reverse somewhere around 50/50 at best. ;)

Coinneseur likes this.
  12. V. Kurt Bellman

You'n me both, brother. But denial is not just a river in Egypt.

Coinneseur likes this.
  13. ToughCOINS

ToughCOINS Dealer Member Moderator

It pained me to do that . . .

Coinneseur likes this.
  14. l.cutler

l.cutler Member

I have seen average condition steel cents sell for fifty cents or so, but yours is pretty rough. The 1944 is even worse so I would say face value for that one.

Coinneseur likes this.
  15. BooksB4Coins

As it would have me, and compared to much spewed here it was a perfectly reasonable position, but perhaps it's best not to trigger the old fellow. ;)

16. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

17. USCoinCollector42

USCoinCollector42 Well-Known Member

Take that 1944 steel cent to a local coin shop and get it authenticated. If they say it’s the real deal, definitely send it for grading.

For now, can you post pictures of it on a scale and on a magnet? It’s worth big $$$ if it’s a genuine 1944 2.7g steel cent.

Coinneseur likes this.
  18. TheFinn

TheFinn Well-Known Member

I have three BU rolls of 1943 cents, and I don't have the tiniest inkling of a desire to have them graded.

19. Coinneseur

Coinneseur Active Member

the scale is fluctuating from 2.68-2.72, image.jpg image.jpg

20. TheFinn

TheFinn Well-Known Member

A '44 steel cent would definitely be worth grading. Just check it with a magnet. They are notated as being struck on a foreign planchet, since in 1944 the Philly Mint was making Belgium 2 Francs on the sample planchets used for the 1943 steel cents.

Coinneseur likes this.
  21. Coinneseur

Coinneseur Active Member

image.jpg image.jpg
    Why this year? Is it because it was supposed to be struck on copper/bronze? So is it the same with the 1943 as well? If it were to be struck on copper/bronze? I did not get in to coinage until my mentor handed me an 1817 penny, which I have posted in one of the threads, I took good care of him for he was one of my patients in hospice care, he is no longer with us but he left me as he would say “the ugly of the bunches” he blessed his family with coins in books, cases, and he blessed me with a few coins including this one here, the late 1800 nickel that you can barely see what is suppossd to be there when it was struck, and a few wheat pennies that looks like it has been painted... but it isnt painted for he was very passionate in collecting coins... funny story is, after he had blessed me with the bunches of uglies, one of his grandsons who felt offended with being blessed wih the ugly bunches, asked me if I liked coins, and I said yes, and got his share, and his share did not have american coins in it, but old coins from other countries, one to be as old as 20-40ad, and pennies from other countries. Which I am very thankful for. This all happened late last year... my penny pinching started this year, when a good friend of mine sold one of his recent pennies for a good pocket change, (18,000+) worth of pocket change, and it all happened and started then... Since then, I had been going along my pincher system where I would get 4000 pennies each week, since January 2018, and my collection has gotten healthier and with that being said, I believe that every coin is different, none will be the same, and from what I have noticed from the selling standpoint is that the uglier, the more the mistakes (from mint), the more it is worth... And that is all i had been going for, the beauty within the ugly ones. Thank you to those who are not too shy to give their two cents, those who correct, and those who shows the way to wherever a coin collector is aiming to go with his coins. I have 8 of these 1943 coins 19 copper 44 and 1 steel 44 atm... 3 rows of ugly 1909 - 58, 2 1909 indian heads, and missing a 1891 indian head to complete my indian head collection...

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
Draft saved Draft deleted