Worth anything?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Lord-Coin Tracker, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Lord-Coin Tracker

Lord-Coin Tracker New Member

Hello guys, I am new to the forum and wanted to show you all these 2 coins that I have to see what you guys think, one is a 1977 lincoln no mint mark penny and the other is a 1983 P quarter. I see double printing onboth but i dont know if its just me so please let me know what you guys think they are worth, thanks!

Attached Files:

Silver Searcher likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher Active Member

4. Endeavor

Endeavor Well-Known Member

Hello. The term you are looking for is doubled die, not double printing. I don't see anything in your photos that looks doubled but that isn't my area of expertise so maybe someone else here can help you with that.

I do see the condition is well circulated. So even if these were doubled, their value would be severely impacted by condition. The 1977 cent with no mint mark is from Philadelphia. Philadelphia cents don't have mint marks. So nothing out of the ordinary there.

paddyman98 likes this.
  5. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

First, welcome to the neighborhood @Lord-Coin Tracker !

In spite of the fact that your photos lack close-up detail, I don't see any indications of doubling, either.

Chris

6. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

It's just you.
    The doubling could just be Die Deterioration.

Also.. Coins are not printed. Paper currency is printed. Coins are struck or you can say minted at the US Mint.

7. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Welcome to CT and they are worth face value.

8. Lord-Coin Tracker

Lord-Coin Tracker New Member

Thanks guys, for the replies & the correct pronunciations of the words lol i will keep searching for more put of the ordinary coins.

Collecting Nut and paddyman98 like this.
  9. fish4uinmd

fish4uinmd Well-Known Member

Welcome to CT

Draft saved Draft deleted