World's Best Coin Dealer

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by hotwheelsearl, Aug 29, 2015.

1. hotwheelsearl

hotwheelsearl Well-Known Member

So there's a little tiny shop somewhere...

Today, I got an AU 1897-S Morgan for $16 and an AU 1935 Peace for $13. These exhibit minor rim damage, but hey I'm really not complaining at near-melt values!

xCoin-Hoarder'92x and Endeavor like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. hotwheelsearl

Of course, I did end up spending about 75 dollars more than I wanted to... Oh well.

I also got a 1 oz silver round for 16, or $2 above spot. Not sure how this store makes any money this way...

4. charlietig

charlietig Well-Known Member

Can I get the address? LOL

5. hotwheelsearl

6. charlietig

charlietig Well-Known Member

LMAO

7. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

My dealer is better :)

hotwheelsearl likes this.
  8. coinzip

coinzip Well-Known Member

awesome.....

9. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

1. Pictures, or it didn't happen.

2. Are you sure they are real? Have they been cleaned? You already said they are damaged, so that is going to reduce the value.

3. These are both common dates in circulated grades, so while you might have gotten a good value, you didn't really get a *great* deal.

4. Buy low, sell high. If he bought them for less than you paid, then he is making money.

10. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Unh huh - do ya need a picture to trust someone when they say that the sky is blue ? An extreme example perhaps but the point is the same.

11. hotwheelsearl

Considering the best possible price I can find on eBay for silver dollars is "5 culls for 115", it's a great deal since I can't find a better price anywhere.

Melt value for each is $11.32. Getting a Peace for $13 is $1.68 over melt value, cleaned or not. That's a pretty good deal in my book.

Attached Files:

Draft saved Draft deleted