World silver crown-size type coin collectors?

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Ag76, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Hookman

Hookman Well-Known Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. coin_nut

coin_nut Well-Known Member

1780 Maria Theresa Thaler restrike, and 1907 S US/Philippines 1 peso. I will be out of town for a bit, so post 2 big silver coins for today and tomorrow. 1780 MT-RS 1 t obv.JPG 1780 MT-RS 1 t rev.JPG 1907 PH-S 1 p rev.JPG 1907 PH-S 50 c obv.JPG

4. Ag76

Ag76 Coins 'n' history

Austria 1970 50 schilling, Innsbruck University
    austria50s1970o.jpg austria50s1970r.jpg

sonlarson and dirty_brian like this.
  5. brg5658

brg5658 Supporter! Supporter

6. coin_nut

1908 D Bayern 5 marks 1908 DE-Bayern-D 5 m obv.JPG 1908 DE-Bayern-D 5 m rev.JPG

PaddyB likes this.
  7. Mkman123

Mkman123 Well-Known Member

great stuff everyone!! I really need to upload my crown sized coins on here, soon!
    In the mean time are any members here on instagram? If so please add me as I put most of my pictures there but I do want to put them on this site.

thai_coin_collector is my ig is others want to add me and I want to add more world crown collectors as well.

8. coin_nut

1902 Iran (Persia) 5000 dinars 1902 IR 5000 d obv.JPG 1902 IR 5000 d rev.JPG

joecoincollect, talerman and Ag76 like this.
  9. PaddyB

PaddyB Eccentric enthusiast

10. coin_nut

1907 S US-Philippines 1 peso. This is the one I meant to post earlier, when I mistakenly posted a 50 cent piece. 1907 PH-S 1 p obv.JPG 1907 PH-S 1 p rev.JPG

sonlarson, talerman, Hookman and 2 others like this.
  11. coin_nut

1908 French Indo China 1 Piastre de Commerce. I wonder if it would be OK to post US silver dollars here? I know it says "world", and perhaps I am not sure if the US is in the world. 1908 FR-IC-A 1 p obv.JPG 1908 FR-IC-A 1 p rev.JPG

sonlarson, Ag76 and Hookman like this.
  12. Ag76

Ag76 Coins 'n' history

As OP I say YES. :)

I wonder what the intended meaning of that pointed "demon tail" on the obverse of that French Indo-China trade piastre is!

13. coin_nut

Good question, that "demon tail" Could it be the fluke of an anchor? The woman is called Marianne, and I really doubt she sports such a tail. OK, here is one I have been wanting to post, as I just love King Edward VII. 1907 Straits Settlements one dollar. 1907 SS 1 dol obv.JPG 1907 SS 1 dol rev.JPG

talerman, Ag76 and Hookman like this.
  14. coin_nut

My records show that I have posted that 1907 SS dollar before, but a search does now show it. So for now I will let it stand, and probably post some US silver later.

15. Hookman

That's actually not a "demon tail". It's the fluke of an anchor.
    But I see how that could be construed.

Do you see what she is resting her arm on? It's the tiller of a boat.

Look to the right of the tiller. Do you see that rectangular piece with a band across it, peeking out from behind her robes? That is the top cross-piece of the anchor.

I really like these coins. I have several. They are very often counterfeited. I just sent one back to the seller because it was a fake. It was only 25% silver.
    I also just won several 10 and 20 Centimes pieces with the same obverse and reverse designs.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
    longshot, coin_nut and Ag76 like this.
  16. Ag76

Ag76 Coins 'n' history

Ah, yes, of course - the right edge. I can just see the top of the anchor sticking out from behind Marianne a bit above.

17. coin_nut

Another day, another dollar. 1878 S US silver dollar 1878 S US 1 d obv.JPG 1878 S US 1 d rev.JPG

PaddyB and Hookman like this.
  18. Mr. Flute

Mr. Flute Well-Known Member

Purchased at a recent local show. I've been looking to buy an early French Directory 5 franc (the Bourdeaux mintmark is a nice bonus) and a Napoleon the III 5 franc:

coins_20190409 (2).jpg
    coins_20190409 (1).jpg

These two add to my slowly expanding silver French 5 franc type set.

I already have several Third Republic coins (1870s), a Louis XVIII, Louis-Phillipe, early 1960s small diameter 5 Franc and late 1960s crown size ones.

These are a really fun type. It helps that many 19th century years are effectively as abundant as USA Morgan dollars.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
    Eduard, coin_nut, Ag76 and 2 others like this.
  19. Hookman

Yes, I agree and also like those and have several of those types.
    Thanks for posting.

20. coin_nut

1908 S US-Philippines 1 peso 1908 PH-S 1 p obv.JPG 1908 PH-S 1 p rev.JPG

PaddyB, Hookman, Ag76 and 1 other person like this.
  21. Ag76

Ag76 Coins 'n' history

Rmo63 and Hookman like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted