World silver crown-size type coin collectors?

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Ag76, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Hookman

Hookman Well-Known Member

I like both of those. I would agree with the VG on the Crown and give the same to the 5 Francs. I have one or two of each, but not quite as good. These can be expensive for someone who is mainly just gathering silver.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. talerman

talerman Well-Known Member

By the way, how do you know Sigismund was almost certainly a virgin ?

Hookman likes this.
  4. PaulTudor

PaulTudor Well-Known Member

Obviously it's impossible to be sure, but he was literally running away from his wife, more like sending her far from him, plus she didn't want to have kids and was trying to convince him to become a priest/monk!Also was thought to be homosexual or impotent and the musician from the Alba Iulia court, Pietro Busto, said that he was suspecting Sigismund of still being a virgin!

Hookman likes this.
  5. PaulTudor

1694 Bavaria thaler

IMG_0596.JPG IMG_0598.JPG

Hookman, talerman, serafino and 3 others like this.
  6. PaulTudor

1639 Hungary taler, Kremnitz mint, lowest mintage of the type

IMG_0603.JPG IMG_0604.JPG

Chris B, longshot, Hookman and 4 others like this.
  7. PaulTudor

1645 GN(Georg Nurnberger)Frankfurt taler, also a very rare date!Most Frankfurt talers minted after 1642-3 are very hard to find, with 1644 being described as unique!

IMG_0599.JPG IMG_0600.JPG

Hookman, talerman, coin_nut and 2 others like this.
  8. PaulTudor

1622 Worms taler, one of my favourite coins and i suppose it's obvious why!

IMG_0601.JPG IMG_0602.JPG

Chris B, Hookman, talerman and 4 others like this.
  9. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

Very nice! I was just looking at one of these Thalers online thinking how interesting they were. :)

And those dragons from Worms are awesome!

Hookman and PaulTudor like this.
  10. coin_nut

coin_nut Well-Known Member

Yeah, not too shabby at all...guess I have to post a more modern crown type coin now...fairly new acquisition, 1938 Nederland 2 1/2 gulden grof haar, forget how to say it in English, rare and valuable. 1938 NL 2 1-2 g GH obv.JPG 1938 NL 2 1-2 g GH rev.JPG

11. PaddyB

PaddyB Eccentric enthusiast

Doing a clear out of Crown Size Silver proofs, so I have photographed these. (Not really my sort of thing, but some are quite attractive...)
    Bhutan 300N 1995 1-horz.jpg Cuba 10P 1995 1-horz.jpg IOM Cr 1995 Icarus 1-horz.jpg

coin_nut, PaulTudor and Seattlite86 like this.
  12. J.T. Parker

J.T. Parker Well-Known Member

Hookman likes this.
  13. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

Did you send the wrong link? There are no coins listed by this seller, even in the sold listings...

14. PaddyB

PaddyB Eccentric enthusiast

There are when I look - some 2400! It may be because he does not quote postage to the US, in which case his listings will not appear for you.
    More to the point - I think the posting of the link is borderline on forum rules, as it comes close to selling through non-selling threads...

Seattlite86 likes this.
  15. PaulTudor

Hope i'm not taking things too far, but since the quote above followed my recent posts i tend to believe that you're picking on the fact that i'm calling some of my coins rare and mixing it with the english part makes me think even further since i'm sure you've notice i'm not english at all!

16. J.T. Parker

J.T. Parker Well-Known Member

Looks like my 'Path to hell is paved with Good Intentions'
    Sorry, If I ruffled any 'thread rules', as I was only trying to be helpful
    with 'no dog in this hunt'.
    J.T.

Hookman, talerman and PaddyB like this.
  17. wcg

wcg Well-Known Member

@PaulTudor - The Worms taler is perhaps my favorite design of all the pieces I have seen you post here. Tough to find pieces from this German state.

Hookman and PaulTudor like this.
  18. PaulTudor

It's tough indeed! There was an unsold 1624 piece at a recent Reinhard Fischer auction as far as i can remember, but for the 1622 type with the two dragons i only found two past sales!

Hookman, Seattlite86 and wcg like this.
  19. wcg

wcg Well-Known Member

Apologies if this was already posted elsewhere on CoinTalk. I picked up this 1746 Bamberg medal this fall from a dealer in Austria and recently had it imaged by NGC. It is on the smaller side of the crown world at 38.5mm. It is classified as Zepernick 65, Slg Erlanger 2415, Heller 363. Reverse depicts Emperor Heinrich II riding next to the cathedral of Bamberg, with two angels above with the chapter coat of arms. Obverse features St. George riding with the sword to the left and fighting with the dragon.
    1746-bamberg-NGC-obv-small.JPG 1746-bamberg-NGC-rev-small.JPG

20. Hookman

I get the listings just fine and Yes, I have bought from him before. He's in the Czech Republic and it takes as much as 2 weeks to get your coins, but so far in my experience, he has good merchandise and is honest and his shipping rates are excellent.

21. Hookman

Here's a photo from Andrew's listings. It's a Russian Partisan fighter with a machine gun slung around his neck.

I'm posting the photo because my son-in-law happens to have one of those machine guns. The breech is welded open, thus making it legal to own. My son-in-law is a Fort Bend County Deputy and the gun was given to him by my older brother-in-law, some years back.
    It's really a cool gun. It has the drum magazine with it.

In the photo, note the white pouch hanging from his belt has another drum magazine in it.

I can't post the photo so I'll post the link instead.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
    coin_nut and PaddyB like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted