World Coins: Your Newest Acquisition!

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by petro89, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Copper lover

Copper lover Well-Known Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. coin_nut

coin_nut Well-Known Member

Partabgarh rupee AH 1236, Ry.45 1821 Pratapgarh 1 r.jpg

4. Muzyck

Muzyck Rabbits!

Brunswick Luneburg Cal Hannover - 2 Groschen, c1700

Germany Brunswick Luneburg Cal Hannover 2 Groschen c1700 St. Andrew obv.jpg Germany Brunswick Luneburg Cal Hannover 2 Groschen c1700 St. Andrew rev.jpg

Chaghatayid AR dirhem, Tashkand

Chaghatayid AR dirhem, Tashkand obv B.jpg Chaghatayid AR dirhem, Tashkand rev B.jpg

Nepal King Rana Bahadur Mohar 1789

Nepal King Rana Bahadur Large Large Silver Mohar 1789 obv.jpg Nepal King Rana Bahadur Large Large Silver Mohar 1789 rev.jpg

5. Copper lover

6. coin_nut

Looks like a dark, circular object on a wrinkled, off white cloth. Your coin photography needs a lot of improvement. Sorry to sound so rude, however these pix are no good to any of us.

Hookman and Mountain Man like this.
  7. Arcane76

Arcane76 Well-Known Member

0D1F7984-2EA0-426C-BA22-DA63732F6C2B.jpeg 65AC0915-2781-4D20-A3AF-73156CE15D2B.jpeg
    1860A Germany Taler
    Prussia- Arms reverse

8. Copper lover

9. coin_nut

Copper lover, come on, there is some way to do a better job at coin pix. This one I can barely see it is maybe an Ethiopian copper of small denomination.

10. coin_nut

There is a decent coin pic. Taken with a digital camera of good quality using the macro setting. Using a good steady rest, similar to a tripod. Using adjustable artificial lighting. Then edited with a good program. I use PhotoScape.

2014 AO 20 k.jpg

11. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

Arcane76 and coin_nut like this.
  12. Arcane76

Arcane76 Well-Known Member

@Mat Thank you very much!

13. chrsmat71

chrsmat71 I LIKE TURTLES!

Here is a cool Conder token in the style of a cartwheel penny with the legend punched into a raised rim and a Britannia reverse. It is also similar in diameter (33 mm for this token vs. 35 mm) but isn't as thick (20 g vs. 28 g).

100_8318.JPG

14. Copper lover

15. Bradley Trotter

Bradley Trotter Well-Known Member

A recent pickup from a Numista swap.

1960 Venezuela 25 Cents Combined.jpg

16. Hrefn

Hrefn Well-Known Member

Just arrived from Malta to the USA, this coin was posted on 5/31 and arrived on 6/2 which I find almost miraculous. I noted an example for sale on a commercial website so I checked to see if they were still available from http://maltacoincentre.com/. They were, but they may not be for long since the mintage on these is only 400 pieces. upload_2021-6-3_18-24-9.jpeg upload_2021-6-3_18-25-22.jpeg

6.5 grams of 0.916 fine gold, struck at the Royal Dutch Mint for Malta. The obverse features Albrecht Durer’s Saint George and the dragon.

Attached Files:

17. coin_nut

Smart buy, super neat gold coin.

Hrefn likes this.
  18. Andy

Andy Coin Collector

I appreciate most coins from all countries from all time periods but the Ancient Greek coins and 1800-1920’s European and US coins are .

19. Andy

Andy Coin Collector

The higher the grade the better but I enjoy my clearly was in circulation and not in a bank vault coins as much for I think who’s else hands these coins were held in and where they may have been.

20. A Novice

A Novice Well-Known Member

It’s so tempting... I love gold coins, coins that are very limited, and coins that have to do with Albrect Durer. But 50€ for shipping? I had to pump the brakes. But being limited to 400... argh! I’m so torn.

21. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Hamlet Squire of Tomfoolery . . . . .

Draft saved Draft deleted