World Coins: Your Newest Acquisition!

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by petro89, Mar 29, 2011.

1. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

You posted this in the wrong thread or picked the wrong pictures.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. PaddyB

PaddyB Eccentric enthusiast

This just arrived for me - the last of the Queen Anne Halfcrowns I needed. 1706 is in the book as not the scarcest but has proved the most difficult to acquire:
    1706 HC R&Pl 1-side.JPG

4. coin_nut

coin_nut Well-Known Member

Paddy, your collection of British coins must be the envy of most museums. I suppose it would be difficult or nearly impossible to put all of them in one photo.

5. Chris B

Chris B Supporter! Supporter

This is a token that I have been looking for a nice example of for years. It's a bucket list kind of coin (token).

GBBillston181103.jpg

Bilston S. Fereday
    'Priest Field Furnaces'

One Penny Token

6. coin_nut

AH1283/1867 Bhopal AR Rupee, Ry. 2

1867 Bhopal 1 r.jpg

7. svessien

svessien Senior Member

I’ve been building a Japanese type set from the Meiji period this year. On Thursday this lot arrived:

Japan 1893 5 sen .jpg Japan 1897 5 sen .jpg Japan 1900 10 sen.jpg Japan 1907 10 sen.jpg

Now I’ve only got the most expensive ones left; the gold coins and the two first 1 yen types. Not sure how that’s going to end, but it’s been fun so far.

8. Jaelus

Jaelus The Hungarian Antiquarian Supporter

Nice. That's actually the only modern Hungarian commemorative minor. I've got an example of the pattern for that issue as well.

9. Jaelus

Jaelus The Hungarian Antiquarian Supporter

A new pickup:

Colonial Mexico 1806MoTH AR 8 Reales
    KM-109 (1791-1808)
    NGC MS61

Great luster and strike with some attractive coloration.
    NGC2857367-005.jpg
    moth_2.jpg

10. TheGame

TheGame Well-Known Member

Got this nice lot of Swiss silver today. Believe it or not, the two 5 Francs are my first silver examples of that denomination.

SAM_6737.JPG SAM_6738.JPG

11. coin_nut

I love Swiss silver, and have quite a few of them. Picked up this one the other day; had been wanting one for a long time. It is all good except for a tiny flaw in front of the woman's nose. It looks like a delamination, which seems odd to me on a silver coin like this. The rest of the coin looks genuine, including the words around the rim. 1936 CH 5 f War Bond.jpg

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
  12. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Hamlet Squire of Tomfoolery . . . . .

13. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Hamlet Squire of Tomfoolery . . . . .

Not really "new" acquisitions, but my favorites . . . . .

Z

IMG_1773.JPG IMG_1774.JPG

IMG_1808.JPG IMG_1809.JPG

IMG_1806.JPG IMG_1807.JPG

IMG_1769.JPG IMG_1770.JPG

14. coin_nut

Gotta love big silver coins...

15. sonlarson

sonlarson World Silver Collector

I've been away for a while. 2020 was not a good year for me and 2021 is not looking much better. A few of you are aware that my wife was diagnosed with cancer last year. Since then it has been a whirlwind of doctor's visits, diagnostic procedures, and treatment. Including weekly chemo and taking $1000 pills daily. I don't recall any coin purchases all of last year. If fact I have been busy selling off my collections. I've liquidated about 1/3 so far and working on the rest.

Some of the coins I am keeping. I started collecting the Australian Koalas in 2007 when they first became a series. I have managed to purchase one every year since. This is for my wife's collection so I hade to get the 2021 to keep it going.

2021 Australia Koala.jpg

The next coin I recently purchased is the 2021 Somalia Elephant. This is for my daughter's collection

2021 Somalia Elephant.jpg

It was fun to get the camera out again and take the photos.

I am still active in my local coin club. In fact I did a few presentation via zoom during the lock down.

I still check in from time to time and am glad to see a lot of new members.

16. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

Sorry to hear about your wife. I lost my mom to liver cancer last april after 5 years with liver cancer.

17. A Novice

A Novice Well-Known Member

My most recent acquisition:
    Turkey 100 Kurush - 1327 AH, year 6 (1914)

Attached Files:

ZoidMeister and Chris B like this.
  18. Copper lover

Copper lover Well-Known Member

19. Razz

Razz Critical Thinker

Aluminum about the size of a US 50 cent piece (31mm). Km888b.2 I think without a mm? DSCN2788~2.JPG DSCN2789~2.JPG

20. TheGame

TheGame Well-Known Member

It's 888b.1. b.2 would have a B mint mark. That's a pretty nice type example.

Razz likes this.
  21. Razz

Razz Critical Thinker

Yep, you are correct. I went back and the Paris mint is without the mm and is the b.1. I had the no mm correct just wrote the wrong number down from the KP catalog.

Draft saved Draft deleted