World Coins: Your Newest Acquisition!

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by petro89, Mar 29, 2011.

1. mrbadexample

mrbadexample Well-Known Member

Little silver denga from the reign of Ivan the Terrible, courtesy of the very generous @lordmarcovan

My first bit of wire money, it's about as cool as the contents of my freezer. :joyful:

Russia denga 1533-1547 (3).jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Siberian Man

Siberian Man Senior Member

The caption: GRE(AT) IVAN.

4. mrbadexample

Thank you. I only recognised IVAN. :sorry:

lordmarcovan likes this.
  5. coin_nut

coin_nut Well-Known Member

My latest acquisition = nothing. I think the world postal systems are broken down.

6. Hiddendragon

Hiddendragon World coin collector

I've had so many international customers who bought coins from me sending me messages asking where their coins are. I end up giving a lot of refunds. It's frustrating.

7. mrbadexample

Brunswick to Walsall in about a week. That's not broken. Must be your end. :p

lordmarcovan likes this.
  8. coin_nut

Glad you got it all figured out man. While you're at it, how about find my lost shipments of coins? Its the luck of the draw. That plus India has been shut down for a long time now.

9. mrbadexample

Sorry...I didn't know you were missing stuff. That sucks. :(

10. coin_nut

Heck, we all going through some hard times lately, lots of folks are having a much worse time than I am, I know. Sorry if I snapped at you there. The postal system here in Thailand is generally really good and the people are honest. The crooks, I think, are mostly the higher ups in the military, police and politics. Kinda like America that way.

mrbadexample and PaddyB like this.
  11. PaddyB

PaddyB Eccentric enthusiast

First new arrivals for nearly 3 months!
    Bavaria 3 and 2 Mark coins 1911:
    Bavaria 3M 1911 1-horz.jpg Bavaria 2M 1911 1-horz.jpg

12. coin_nut

Wow, look at the beard on that guy! Super nice condition too, great silver!

13. Razz

Razz Critical Thinker

Picked up this 1973 Jamaica proof set today. The original case is falling apart and all kinds of blue velvet hairs everywhere. Lucky this seems to be in the original plastic (but coming apart) and probably kept in low humidity. Quick pictures with the phone will try to get individual pics soon. Polish_20200605_203855183.jpg Polish_20200605_204419569.jpg

14. Derek2200

Derek2200 Well-Known Member

Mexico1944 50c NGC 65

Attached Files:

Bradley Trotter and svessien like this.
  15. svessien

svessien Senior Member

I came across a lot of South American coins a week ago. I thought I spotted some good coins in it, and that turned out to be right. The best in the (40$) lot was this one:

Peru peseta.jpg

I really like it. Makes me want more South American coins. (Here we go again.)

16. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

When I first got into ancient coins this was one of the first coins I saw on a dealer website that I always wanted. I always liked the bust of Artemis on it and the overall design of the coin.

Fast forward over 10 years later & I saw this added on a Vcoins Store back in April & bought it.

After eyeing them for a decade, it's nice to finally have one.

[​IMG]
    Macedonia, Roman Protectorate, First Meris, (167 - 148 B.C.)
    AR tetradrachm
    O: Diademed and draped bust of Artemis right, bow and quiver over shoulder, in the center of a Macedonian shield.
    R: MAKEDONWN PRWTHS; Club; monogram above, two monograms below; all within oak wreath, thunderbolt to left.
    Amphipolis Mint
    16.56g
    30mm
    SNG Copenhagen 1315 // AMNG 176

17. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

I've been after one of those a while. Haven't gotten one yet.

18. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

19. Razz

Razz Critical Thinker

So here
    So here is a better picture of the money coin. I believe this was in the original packaging for 47 years before I just freed it to photograph. Absolutely a rush as I picked it out by the crisp edges. A total bear to photograph. ASW is 1.2336 oz. 45 mm diameter. Polish_20200608_202003759.jpg

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
  20. 7Jags

7Jags Well-Known Member

Razz. Excellent if a bit dark.
    I hope you get the Franklin Mint "disease". They have struck some very great coins with lovely designs well executed, and in the case of some of those struck in the early 1980s and various matte versions of 1975 and 1976 being quite scarce to rare.

21. Razz

Razz Critical Thinker

The problem with photographing proofs is over saturation with light... Polish_20200609_072516870.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted