World Coins: Your Newest Acquisition!

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by petro89, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Chris B

Chris B Supporter! Supporter

That's my kind of fun.

xCoin-Hoarder'92x likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. PaddyB

PaddyB Eccentric enthusiast

This one from an auction yesterday with a bunch of other foreign bits. If I have it right it is Kashmir Rupee VS1938 (=1881) Gulab Singh, but please let me know if I have it wrong!
    Kashmir 1-horz.jpg

4. Siberian Man

Siberian Man Senior Member

Democratic Federal Yugoslavia. 1 and 5 dinars 1945. Post-WWII coinage. Single release.
    67.jpg 68.jpg 69.jpg 70.jpg

5. Siberian Man

Siberian Man Senior Member

Kingdom of Poland (1916-1918).
    5 fenigow 1917, iron.
    3.jpg 4.jpg

6. coin_nut

coin_nut Well-Known Member

This came a few days ago. 1858-1920 Mewar-Udaipur, AR Rupee 1858-1920 Mewar 1 r pair.jpg

7. Endeavor

Endeavor Well-Known Member

8. MontCollector

MontCollector Well-Known Member

Nice additions all.

That 1945 2 Bolivars is gorgeous @Endeavor.

I really need to get a new camera. My Canon died a while ago and i really miss being able to take photos of my coins.:(:(

Endeavor likes this.
  9. coin_nut

I am pretty happy with the Olympus Stylus TG-870 "Tough" I got a while back. Does good macro work plus is supposed to be good for some depth underwater. It wasn't cheap and isn't a Nikon or Canon, yet it hasn't broken down yet.

10. Wizank

Wizank Well-Known Member

Because I am still very new at the World Coin hobby, I am trying to add new countries and various political regimes within countries, and learning a lot of history at the same time. Recently traveling I found a wonderful source of a variety of coins and that is tip jars at airports shops. The staff is very happy to trade "foreign" coins for local coinage or bills. I am very happy to overpay face value, and I have increased my holdings of modern (not euros) coinage and added some older coins as well.

tibor likes this.
  11. Larry E

Larry E Well-Known Member

12. Chris B

Chris B Supporter! Supporter

I am generally not a US coin collector but I have wanted one of these since....well since I knew they existed. Found a dealer in Louisville today that had both varieties in a Capitol holder.

Made my day.

US 1925 Nordic 01.jpg
    US 1925 Nordic 02.jpg

Endeavor, TuckHard, coin_nut and 8 others like this.
  13. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

There's a post your capital holder thread....I'm sure it would be a hit.

Chris B likes this.
  14. Razz

Razz Critical Thinker

Got a roll of these MS for $2.50 or 5 cents US for this one. It is one of the better ones and other than staining looks pretty good. I will run through acetone to see if it helps. PhotoEditor_20191123_203449114.jpg

15. Hiddendragon

Hiddendragon World coin collector

A few new additions to my animals collection. 2015 Transnistria 10 rubles and 2014 Canada 5 dollars. 2015 transnistria 10 rubles.jpg 2014 canada 5 dollars fox.jpg

16. Mkman123

Mkman123 Well-Known Member

17. Razz

Razz Critical Thinker

My first Spanish colonial. Took me a little time to pin it down, but the research was fun! I like the circam look. I will take a shot and say VG but it is in the dark. PhotoEditor_20191125_185105646.jpg

Endeavor, PaddyB and sonlarson like this.
  18. coin_nut

Small load of 200 + coins recently hand carried here from Netherlands. Job security for a while! A lot of very shiny proofs, so I need to polish up my photo procedure. H-1.JPG

19. Hiddendragon

Here's two more from a recent buying blitz to supplement my bears collection. 2018 Canada 2 dollar half ounce silver coin and a medal for the Berlin Zoo's polar bear Knut. Knut was a media darling for quite awhile. I remember always seeing his picture when he was a little furball. Sadly he died after a few years but when I saw this I had to have it since I remember him so fondly. 2018 canada 2 dollars.jpg 2007 berlin zoo knut.jpg

20. panzerman

panzerman Well-Known Member

Macedonia
    AV Quarter Stater ND Ampholis Mint
    Philip III Arridaeus/ Antipater (Regent) image00050.jpg

21. Hiddendragon

I also picked up this Canadian 50 cent set for the bear coin, but also the other animals too. IMG_20191126_0001.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted