World Coins: Your Newest Acquisition!

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by petro89, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Clio

Clio Well-Known Member

Beautiful! Always found this attractive. Especially so in such nice grades. Cheers!

Chris B likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. CHARLES ROSENBAUM

CHARLES ROSENBAUM Active Member

Found this set while cleaning out my Dads house.

Attached Files:

coin_nut, onecenter and Chris B like this.
  4. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

5. CHARLES ROSENBAUM

6. CHARLES ROSENBAUM

7. rp3989

rp3989 Active Member

Go 1876 A Germany 1 Deutsche Mark Silver ObverseSM.JPG 1876 A Germany 1 Deutsche Mark Silver ReverseSM.JPG this from a friend of mine. A bit worn but a nice coin and very much appreciated.

Endeavor, Stork, coin_nut and 2 others like this.
  8. rp3989

rp3989 Active Member

I also got these 1858 Flying Eagle and 1863 Indian Head ObverseSM.JPG 1858 Flying Eagle and 1863 Indian Head ReverseSM.JPG two for my collection.

Stork, coin_nut, PaddyB and 1 other person like this.
  9. Bradley Trotter

Bradley Trotter Well-Known Member

A host of world coins that I picked from many foreign coin boxes today at the Gallatin, TN coin show.

Gallatin TN Coinshow Spoils .jpg

Stork, rp3989, PaddyB and 4 others like this.
  10. coin_nut

coin_nut Well-Known Member

Score! You got some nice ones there! I got a kilo of mixed world coins about a week ago and I am still slowly working my way through them, sorting out the culls, the new additions, and the upgrades. Taking pix, cropping, updating spreadsheets, moving pix, adding some and removing some. It gets complicated, my home made inventory system. I do keep plenty of backup. Here are some which are still in the process. 2000 BG 2 s obv.JPG 2000 BG 2 s rev.JPG 1983 Yugo 2 d obv.JPG 1983 Yugo 2 d rev.JPG 2004 ZA 5 c obv.JPG 2004 ZA 5 c rev.JPG

Stork, PaddyB and Chris B like this.
  11. Jaelus

Jaelus The Hungarian Antiquarian Supporter

Well, this blew my budget for a bit, but it was worth it. A complete major denomination set of Hungarian 1992 business strike patterns.

50 pieces were struck of each of these patterns with a business strike finish. The Hungarian Mint auctioned off most of the sets they had retained (along with other modern patterns) in 2001, retaining 4 sets for national museums and archives.

These are patterns of what I would consider to be the first ultra-modern Hungarian coins. These types are also special to me, since they were the types in use when I was first able to make a trip to Hungary in 1996. I could not visit earlier as my mother was considered a political criminal for fleeing the country through her contacts in the Vatican in the mid 70s, but by the mid 90s her record had been expunged.

Hungary 1992BP Circulating Business Strike Patterns
    1 Forint Nickel-Brass (smooth edge) KM-692p
    2 Forint Copper-Nickel KM-693p
    5 Forint Nickel-Brass KM-694p
    10 Forint Copper-Nickel KM-695p
    20 Forint Nickel-Brass KM-696p
    50 Forint Copper-Nickel KM-697p
    100 Forint Nickel-Brass KM-698p

1992_probas.jpg

tibor, dirty_brian, Stork and 7 others like this.
  12. coin_nut

coin_nut Well-Known Member

As I often say, "Its only money".

Jaelus likes this.
  13. TheGame

TheGame Well-Known Member

Those are awesome. That's one of my favorite current series.

Jaelus likes this.
  14. kazuma78

kazuma78 Supporter! Supporter

Picked these up today and was thrilled to get them. Adding to the "Eclectic-ness" of my collection @lordmarcovan
    Each is either pretty due to design/appeal or is historically interesting for some reason or is scarce. I believe the condition of the 96 Stivers is unusual and that these are quite rare in this condition. I also think that the 1915 Provisional Government Centavo is fairly scarce. Some of the others are just cool in my opinion.
    1808 Ceylon.jpg 1808 Duro.jpg 1859 Shooting Festival.jpg 1897 Gold Peso.jpg 1915 Oaxaca Centavo.jpg 1921 2 pesos Spink.jpg Rupee's.jpg Schwyz Shooting 1867.jpg

15. Chris B

Chris B Supporter! Supporter

Acquisitions have been a little slow recently but I did pick up this one.

GerBra173501.jpg
    GerBra173502.jpg

BRANDENBURG-BAYREUTH 1735 ILR

Mint Official: Johann Lorenz Ruckdeschel

Obverse: Inscription
    Reverse: Dove flying towards the sun at left, globe at right

Subject: Death of Georg Friedrich Karl
    Ruler: Friedrich

Composition: Silver
    Weight: 2.9gr
    Diameter: 27mm

Last edited: May 18, 2019
    tibor, lordmarcovan, Stork and 2 others like this.
  16. Parthicus

Parthicus Well-Known Member

This 1913 silver 3 mark coin from Prussia in Germany commemorates the 100th anniversary of the Battle of Leipzig, a major battle that started the downfall of Napoleon. (Prussia was a major combatant against Napoleon in the battle.)

Prussia 1913.jpg

Stork, Ag76, PaddyB and 1 other person like this.
  17. Razz

Razz Critical Thinker

18. dirty_brian

dirty_brian Well-Known Member

Here's proof you cant throw anything away. I found this in a bag of "junk" coins I bought recently. A zorkmid was given with a video game called Zork in 1987. Apparently there is some sort of interest in these online. An internet search shows people paying over $100 for one.
    [​IMG]

Stork and Jaelus like this.
  19. Jaelus

Jaelus The Hungarian Antiquarian Supporter

Yes! I have one of these as well. The game version that it came with is a tough one to find nowadays.

20. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Splendid stuff. I've been browsing around for an elephant to add to my collection (and can't afford one of the Julius Caesar denarii with an elephant on them). Some of those Ceylon issues have crossed my radar screen. I'm also kind of looking at some of the Thai coins with elephants on them.

Hiddendragon likes this.
  21. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Well, now that one's a trip.

Draft saved Draft deleted