World Coins: Your Newest Acquisition!

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by petro89, Mar 29, 2011.

1. dirty_brian

dirty_brian Well-Known Member

I have a panama pill that I found in a junk silver box. sooooo tiny. so we cant edit a post after a day does by? better picture of my 5 Francs.
    [​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Galen59

Galen59 Gott helfe mir

It's a pea brain of a problem.
    Damn hard to find.

4. Galen59

Galen59 Gott helfe mir

Any Canadian silver .05- .50, all are getting real hard to find

5. Galen59

Galen59 Gott helfe mir

IMG_0002.jpg JUNK, BUT THERE'S IMG_0003.jpg nothing out there.. $3

6. Siberian Man

Siberian Man Senior Member

My new coins. It is gift of my friend from KY. They are wonderful! 201.jpg 202.jpg 199.jpg 200.jpg

7. H8_modern

H8_modern Attracted to small round-ish art

I know these aren’t rare or valuable but I can’t resist buying them when I see them. I keep hoping a billion Chinese people will decide they want them and bid against each other. Plus I like dragons.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Hiddendragon

Hiddendragon World coin collector

I like Chinese coins, but I'm too scared of getting stuck with a fake to buy them.

old49er likes this.
  9. PaddyB

PaddyB Eccentric enthusiast

My main collecting area is British standard coinage but I cannot resist an attractive Crown size coin from around the world. I don't even mind the occasional copy as long as it is a good one and the price reflects it's status! Here are 4 from my "tangent" folder:
    Prussia 1871.jpg
    Prussia 1871 Thaler
    British Trade Dollar 1903.jpg British Trade Dollar 1903
    Spain 5 pesetas 1892.jpg Spanish 5 Pesetas 1892 Eritrea 5 lira 1891.jpg
    Eritrea 5 Lira 1891

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  10. Stork

Stork I deliver Supporter

I'm supposed to be on a Numismatic diet (after a HUGE splurge on a super rare coin for my Albanian set). But, who can resist when out of the blue another lovey coin falls into your lap?

This arrived today from a gentleman in Great Britain, the customs form noting 'one item of numismatic interest'. Funny, I also had to sign for a box at the same time which arrived from Japan as it appears my husband has been Christmas shopping early. Yet, the Japanese coin came from Great Britain.

[​IMG]

The seller made an unsolicited offer--he spotted my set over at NGC and figured quite correctly I'd be interested.

The slab is scuffy but I think I shot through the worst of it. I find these double hoo/phoenix 50 sen coins anywhere from wildly toned to blast white. Love them and quite happy to add this one to the flock. My most duplicated series.

mackat, longshot, jj00 and 10 others like this.
  11. Galen59

Galen59 Gott helfe mir

year 3 Showa?

12. Stork

Stork I deliver Supporter

Yes, aka 1928 for us Gregorian calendar types.

Galen59 likes this.
  13. dirty_brian

dirty_brian Well-Known Member

Oh wow! I love that Tallero. I definitely need that one

14. PaddyB

PaddyB Eccentric enthusiast

Yes but watch for fakes! Only 196000 made but they come up occasionally. My one weighs 27.3g and they should be 28.125g so it is a "copy" although quite a good one. (I only paid copy price for it, so I am not too worried.)

15. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

16. MontCollector

MontCollector Well-Known Member

Another one for me US minted coins. This one is minted in Philly using the same planchets that were used on the Kennedy Halves.

The line crossing his shoulder appears to be a raised line not a scratch...much to my surprise. Panama501966.jpg

17. MontCollector

MontCollector Well-Known Member

Found this in a coin shop junk bin. This is my wife's 1st coin from Cambodia. 1959Cambodia.jpg

jj00, Theodosius, Galen59 and 7 others like this.
  18. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

Nice looking coin, your wife has good taste.

MontCollector likes this.
  19. mackat

mackat Well-Known Member

This is the first slabbed coin I've bought in quite a while, but it was certainly worth the wait! I've wanted to have one of these ever since I first saw one, as I love the design. This was minted in Paris in 1851, just 3 years after Switzerland as a federal state came into existence. Before then, it was a conglomeration of more loosely affiliated cantons. Although not an insignificant purchase for me, I really think I got a deal on this one, as all the others I've seen went for a good bit more than I paid. I'm really looking forward to having it in hand:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

spirityoda, jj00, Theodosius and 12 others like this.
  20. Nas

Nas Well-Known Member

30 Drachmai - Constantine II Royal Marriage 1964 Silver - Greece

20171118_104938-1.jpg 20171118_104953-1.jpg

21. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted