World Coins: Your Newest Acquisition!

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by petro89, Mar 29, 2011.

1. mackat

mackat Well-Known Member

I'm very happy to have just won this very pretty 1913-A 2000 réis certified as MS-65 by NGC. This coin, while relatively common in lower grades, doesn't show up for sale too often in this high of a grade. There are only 8 certified as MS-65 by NGC (and only 2 better in 66). I bought the 1913-A 1000 réis, also NGC MS-65, at the Long Beach Expo back in February (for only $30, might I add...wish I could say the same for this one :p), so this was a very nice find. I love this design, so now I might as well get the 1913-A 500 réis in the same grade when one pops up for a good price :D

Here are the NGC pictures followed by the seller's pictures:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

^Very nice, congrats.

mackat likes this.
  4. dirty_brian

dirty_brian Well-Known Member

been anxiously awaiting this one. the sellers pictures were horrible. I had no idea what I would get. the price was too good to pass up.
    [​IMG]

5. rooman9

rooman9 Lovin Shiny Things

I had to pick up a coin from my favorite movie franchise.
    s-l1600-1.jpg s-l1600.jpg

6. Stork

Stork I deliver Supporter

Got a package in the mail from Europe over the weekend...must admit I get a laugh when my Japanese coins come from somewhere like Switzerland! Depending on fees, shipping, and exchange rates sometimes it makes sense to look overseas and sometimes it doesn't. I was able to pick up 3 coins for a decent price after taking all the costs into consideration including some combined shipping.

This Meiji 8/1875 sen is a wee bit of an upgrade for me and (as often happens) I like the look far better in hand than the seller/auction shots. I've learned to do a bit of internet interpretation for the slabbed coins, and for the lower cost ones like this it's not like someone is going in and spending time manipulating the views! At least for a couple sites at least an educated guess about the coin is possible.

My shots don't quite pick up the full 'look' of the coin, but are still better than what I had to go by.

[​IMG]

7. Jeremy Wendling

Jeremy Wendling New Member

I bought about 200-250 older world coins from a friend for $50. They were pretty much unsorted and I was really just doing him a favor because he needed money pretty bad. I really wasn't expecting so many cool older coins. Here are some of my favorites.

Attached Files:

8. Jeremy Wendling

Jeremy Wendling New Member

Here's a few more.

Attached Files:

9. cletis faye

cletis faye Well-Known Member

10. 1934 Wreath Crown

1934 Wreath Crown Well-Known Member

Australia 1879s Shield Half sovereign. Joint highest graded.:happy:

1879 Half Sov Obv.jpg 1879 half sov Rev.jpg

11. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

spirityoda and 1934 Wreath Crown like this.
  12. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

13. mackat

mackat Well-Known Member

Here's one I got today. Quite a pretty coin with a design that I have always liked:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

14. 1934 Wreath Crown

1934 Wreath Crown Well-Known Member

I'm even less knowledgeable about Ancients than I'm about Moderns....but I just thought this one was too beautiful to pass.

Thrace Lysimachos Tetradrachm

Thrace Lysimachos Tet.jpg

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
  15. Morgandude11

Morgandude11 As long as it's Silver, I'm listening

Deep Mirror prooflike Britannias. Mintage of the regular bullion coin is 100,000, but there are only about 1-2% of them that are DPL. Love this business strike/deep mirror finish. Kind of like prooflike or DMPL Morgans.

IMG_3673.JPG IMG_3676.JPG

16. Hiddendragon

Hiddendragon World coin collector

Here are four 1993 British Virgin Islands silver coins I got yesterday. They're in a cardboard holder so I could only get a picture of one side. 1993 british virgin islands 25 dollars jaguar.jpg 1993 british virgin islands 25 dollars tiger.jpg 1993 british virgin islands 25 dollars turtle.jpg 1993 british virgin islands 25 dollars whales.jpg

17. Knightly

Knightly Well-Known Member

1870 2 Peseta, Spain.
    DSC03168.JPG DSC03170.JPG

18. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

19. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

DSCN7461.JPG DSCN7462.JPG DSCN7463.JPG DSCN7464.JPG Yes I do realize these are out of focus....but I received these yesterday from Rob ,they are outstanding examples of Irish coinage the 1805 is worn yes but butter smooth and will be my second pocket piece and the 1935 cent is Au. thanks again Rob and will get yours off to you tomorrow.

20. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

Nice patina on that.

I like the Irish penny.

21. Silverino

Silverino Well-Known Member

another addition to the Iberoamericana series - Mexico DSCN3109.JPG DSCN3110.JPG

Nas, jj00, onecenter and 6 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted