World Coins: Your Newest Acquisition!

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by petro89, Mar 29, 2011.

1. 1934 Wreath Crown

1934 Wreath Crown Well-Known Member

Thanks P and G. I also love George VI coins specially the 1937 sovereign sets. They have done extremely well in recent years.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. TheEgyptian

TheEgyptian Member

Heres one of my latest acquisitions. Just love this coin.

[​IMG][​IMG]

4. 01mikep

01mikep Well-Known Member

Today a couple Spanish 8 Reales showed up.

First is a 1823 Ferdinand VII minted at Potosi, Bolivia. NGC graded XF45.
    image.jpeg image.jpeg

Second is a 1820 Ferdinand VII minted in Guatamala. NGC graded XF45 in a old school holder. My photos show some hairlines on the obverse the sellers photos didn't show. They didn't bother NGC but I'm not sure what to think.
    image.jpeg image.jpeg
    I'm not a "slab" guy anyway but I don't care for this slab style as it blocks the edging on a 8 Reales coin. Though 8 Reales is one coin I do buy slabbed if I can't handle the coin in person unless I have relationship with the seller.

5. Jaelus

Jaelus The Hungarian Antiquarian Supporter

I used to collect colonial 8 and 2 Reales but ended up selling my collection to focus on my Hungarian set. The 1823 looks great. I would have said AU50, but I suspect NGC subtracts a grade for ones this darkly toned (something I've seen on other examples as well). It's very well struck for the type as well. Personally, I like the really dark look; in my eyes, the 1820 just doesn't have the same appeal.

6. TheEgyptian

TheEgyptian Member

Just won this coin tonight for a great deal and Im super excited.

[​IMG]

7. Silverino

Silverino Well-Known Member

Mexico 1 oz 999 - 1998 5 Pesos Lobo Mexicano 13,004 mintage Rarity 90 DSCN2850.JPG

8. sonlarson

sonlarson World Silver Collector

In 1911 the Wuchang Uprising jump started the Xinhai revolution which ended the 2000 year old Quing Dynasty. This help begin the Republic of China. This coin commemorates the 100th anniversary of the event. I came across this coin and really liked the imagery. I also liked the price. It comes with a nice wooden box and COAA lot of the 10 Yuan Commemorative coins from China are appreciating in value. I hope this might be one in the future.

China 2011 Silver Proof 10 Yuan: 100th Anniversary of the Xinhai Revolution. Mintage 160,000

IMG_1240-crop.JPG China 2011 10 Yuan.jpg

9. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

Nice, a lot of attention to detail.

10. Mr. Flute

Mr. Flute Well-Known Member

This week I went to an out-of-the-way resale/consignment shop in a neighboring city and found a tray of 61 random world coins, which I got for a great price - $20.

They were mostly common base metal coins, but there were six nice common silver ones. Here are the highlights:

Best of the base metal coins:
    coins_20170208_2.jpg
    coins_20170208_1.jpg
    And the silver coins - though common, the luster and toning on the 1960 Swiss 1 franc is gorgeous.
    coins_20170208_4.jpg
    coins_20170208_3.jpg

11. kforbes862

kforbes862 Well-Known Member

You got a great deal on those, I love finding trays and bags of coins like that. I had some extra funds this week so i bought some more world silver coins that i have been wanting. Belgian Congo silver 50 francs, I think I got a great deal on it considering what I paid and what others are selling for that are in details slabs. congo1.jpg congo2.jpg This Ivory Coast 10 Francs I paid way over what I should have, but it was about average for what they have been selling for, and I love these big silver proofs from Africa, I have several now. ivory coast.jpg ivory2.jpg And i picked up another silver proof from the olympics that were held in bosnia, I have a 100 Dinara, 250 Dinara, and this 500 Dinara now. yugo1.jpg yugo2.jpg

12. Hiddendragon

Hiddendragon World coin collector

I have that Belgian Congo 50 francs on my want list. Did you buy the one that has been for sale on eBay? There was one on there but I didn't want to spend that much.

13. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All the spots are on the holder... residue from stickers or tape. Not sure why people can't keep their stuff clean...

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  14. TheEgyptian

TheEgyptian Member

Loving this coin!! Did you get that from Ebay?

15. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

Thanks for the comment and yes, found it on eBay. Does it matter?

16. Nathan401

Nathan401 Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Such an intricate reverse design. Nice gold!

17. britannia40

britannia40 Well-Known Member

This group just came in the mail.
    20170210_165139_HDR.jpg 20170210_165224_HDR.jpg

18. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

The coin gods smiled again today :)
    I picked up these two Britannia ' s today for $40 !
    The 2009 is a proof mintage 2500, valued well over $80 itself. The 2010 mintage 100,000 is valued around $30.
    That said I'm pretty pleased with my finds. 20170210_144548.jpg 20170210_144625.jpg 20170210_144834.jpg 20170210_144848.jpg

19. 01mikep

01mikep Well-Known Member

I received this 1821 Spanish 8 Reales minted at Guadalajara, Mexico. NGC XF45. I am pretty happy this coin as nice ones from this mint are not so common.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

20. mackat

mackat Well-Known Member

You know when I said that the Caballito Peso would be my last coin for a while? Well, it appears as though I lied:

I'd been wanting one of the 1966 round silver Australian 50 cent pieces for a while. I found one in the local coin shop today!

[​IMG][​IMG]

The second one is a very nice looking 1939 commemorative Canadian dollar [​IMG][​IMG]

I didn't have an 8 reales yet so I just had to get this 1803 one [​IMG][​IMG]

The fourth one is an 1899 Guatemalan real. I really want one of the pesos, but this one will have to suffice for now (same design, much smaller coin)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  21. TheEgyptian

TheEgyptian Member

I had to get one of these, so this is my latest acquisition, but not slabbed. I'll have to get it slabbed.

Draft saved Draft deleted