World Coins: Your Newest Acquisition!

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by petro89, Mar 29, 2011.

1. stldanceartist

stldanceartist Minister of Silly Walks

Argentina - 1941 1 Centavo

Argentina - 1941 1 Centavo.jpg

Bolivia - 1951 H 1 Boliviano

Bolivia - 1951 H 1 Boliviano.jpg

Jaelus, Gallienus, chrsmat71 and 6 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Hiddendragon

Hiddendragon World coin collector

2007 Denmark 100 kroner for my bears collection and 1987 Sierra Leone 10 leones. Both silver. 1987 sierra leone 10 leones.jpg 2007 denmark 100 kroner.jpg

4. 01mikep

01mikep Well-Known Member

Tonight I walked into a coin shop I had not been to in Zaragoza hunting up new additions to my Spanish collection.

I was brought out trays of pillar and bust 8 Reales (my focus here) but unfortunately they had all been polished and cleaned pretty severely (25-30 coins). My secondary focus is circulated 1870-1899 5 Pesetas. I was able to find these two I did not have.
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

I also found these two super circulated (another silly weakness) 1 Reales.
    image.jpeg image.jpeg

chrsmat71, jj00, sonlarson and 5 others like this.
  5. H8_modern

H8_modern Attracted to small round-ish art

I've seen this the last 3 visits to one of the shops I check and I couldn't leave it anymore. They don't get many people that would be interested in this sort of thing so I got a really good price. Anything close to Chinese and low mintage I think will increase in value.

Macau 1978, mintage of 5500
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

chrsmat71, sonlarson and jello like this.
  6. 01mikep

Went back out today on a hunt for decent 8 Reales while visiting Zaragoza for a few days. I took one of my boys and nephews along for the walk. This dealer is a pretty nice guy and usually lets the kids pick out a bill and coin out of the bargain bin if they behaved.

I looked trough several trays of pillar, bust, and cob 8 Reales. I didn't come away with anything I was really after. Some things that peaked my interest were polished, priced higher than I thought was fair, or I already had an example.

What I did come home with was a chop marked 1780 8 Reales minted in Mexico. Here chop marks on Reales kill collector value. I don't have any chop marked ones and wasn't looking for one but when he asked me if 40 Euros was fair, I couldn't turn it down.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

7. SilverTracker

SilverTracker Well-Known Member

Haven't posted many acquisitions lately but received these in the mail today.

Attached Files:

chrsmat71, Nathan401, jj00 and 2 others like this.
  8. Hiddendragon

I posted the seller's photos when I bought these, but they arrived today and I think they might be some of my favorite coins. I also ordered two others that hopefully will arrive in the next few days. 2013 ghana 5 cedis.jpg 2013 tokelau 5 dollars.jpg

9. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

Love them. Using the lion as my avatar temporarily. Where are these available as a set or individually ?

10. Hiddendragon

I haven't been able to find much detail about the series. I don't know how many countries or how many years were available, but it seems like the earliest were 2012 and they went at least through 2016. This seller on eBay is who I bought them from. He has a lot of them and seems to have better prices than anyone else I've seen. I also love this coin but don't think I can justify it. I also know that 1/8 oz. of gold is probably a small coin, right? http://www.ebay.com/itm/331281496702?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

11. stldanceartist

stldanceartist Minister of Silly Walks

Picked up a couple of gorgeous Estonian coins today, PLUS...when I took a look at one (the 1934 2 Senti) I had an unexpected surprise. Kind of makes up for the less-than-ideal planchet.

EDIT: Now that I have taken a closer look, looks like it's a DDO - I'm seeing some doubling on the right side (tail side) of the leopards. Sweeeeeeet...

Estonia - 1934 2 Senti
    Doubled Date, Pitted Planchet​

Estonia - 1934 2 Senti.jpg

Estonia - 1934 2 Senti - Date.jpg

Estonia - 1929 1 Sent

Estonia - 1929 1 Sent.jpg

Jaelus, jj00, jello and 4 others like this.
  12. Nathan401

Nathan401 Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Love these

Hiddendragon likes this.
  13. Nathan401

Nathan401 Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Had to get a few. 20161225_190311-1.jpg 20161225_190337-1.jpg

Ajax, SilverTracker, jello and 3 others like this.
  14. Hiddendragon

Also, if you like that one you might like this one too. I've had this for awhile but it's another of my favorites. It is also a lot easier to find. Congo 10 francs 1965. 1965 belgian congo 10 francs.jpg

jj00, jello, Johndoe2000$ and 2 others like this.
  15. britannia40

britannia40 Well-Known Member

1808 TH 8 Reales minted in Mexico.
    $_1 (4).JPG $_1 (5).JPG

16. Golden age

Golden age Go for the gold

75014.jpg 75013.jpg

Very cool looking, in hand.

17. 01mikep

Ok. Last acquisition for this visit to Zaragoza. This shop focuses in Spanish gold coins and was happy to pick up this circulated example. Picked up a 1788 2 Escudos minted in Madrid.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Jaelus, Ajax, spirityoda and 4 others like this.
  18. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

Picked up from another collector here, H8_modern.

Charles II Half Crown

[​IMG]

William III Crown
    [​IMG]

19. britannia40

britannia40 Well-Known Member

3 new pieces I just picked up.
    h2.jpg h2a.jpg h3.jpg h3a.jpg
    I don't collect commemoratives but I got this for my daughter as she was born this year h1.jpg h1a.jpg

20. Jaelus

Jaelus The Hungarian Antiquarian Supporter

My first pickup of the new year. This one is for my Hungarian Forint date set.

I typically buy coins for my Hungarian set raw or in NGC plastic, and so will be crossing this one on my next submission. The grade looks good to me, and 1884 is a better date for this type. Due to the size and weight of these coins, examples above MS62 are scarce, so an MS64 is a real find.

Hungary Forint 1884KB
    PCGS MS64

obv.jpg
    rev.jpg

21. ffrickey

ffrickey Junior Member

Austrian Thaler 1819A, Franz I. I love the Habsburgs, they really knew how to design coins and fancy uniforms! ATThaler1819AFranzI.jpg

jj00, spirityoda, Jaelus and 4 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted