World Coins: Your Newest Acquisition!

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by petro89, Mar 29, 2011.

1. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

last 1 more...
    DSC_9654.JPG
    DSC_9656.JPG

you are all probably bugged out by now ? lol
    off Topic but here's a leaf bug my ex-girlfriend gave me she bought off Ebay from the Philippines..... I am not sure if this leaf bug/insect is from the Philippines ? very interesting to me...looks just like leaves...
    DSC_9643.JPG
    DSC_9641.JPG

4. 1934 Wreath Crown

1934 Wreath Crown Well-Known Member

It's from Prussia.

spirityoda likes this.
  5. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

thank you, going to look it up in my 2004 Krause catalog now.
    German States/Prussia
    1846A Thaler, KM#445, .750 silver, mintage-1,115,000 , ruler- Frederich Wilhelm IV

grade/values
    F-$25.00 VF-$50.00 XF-$100.00 UNC.-$250.00
    Krause values may differ than real life market values.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
  6. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

German States/Saxony 1869B, Thaler, 2004 Krause catalog KM#1214, .900 silver, mintage- 1,622,000 , Ruler- Johann.

grade/value
    F-$20.00 VF-$35.00 XF-$70.00 UNC.-$150.00
    Krause values may differ than real life market values. a very cool coin. I liked the lions side best.

PaddyB likes this.
  7. Dave M

Dave M Francophiliac

Great collection of bugs, yoda!

spirityoda likes this.
  8. rooman9

rooman9 Lovin Shiny Things

I have to say, I am super impressed by your bug collection yoda. I don't think anyone of us would have guessed there were so many coins with bugs on them.

spirityoda likes this.
  9. Jaelus

Jaelus The Hungarian Antiquarian Supporter

Here's a new pickup from the Heritage auction last night. It was attributed as an Austrian Franz Joseph medal, but it is obviously Hungarian as all the text is Hungarian and Franz Joseph's Hungarian name is exclusively used.

Hungary
    Ferencz Jozsef medal 1916
    Enameled bronze, 65mm

The reverse reads (in Hungarian):
    "Bizom nepemben s ugyunk igazsagaban 1914-1915 Ferencz Jozsef", which translates to something like "I am insured in my people and in the truth of our situation 1914-1915 Franz Joseph"

Based on the text and date, it seems to be a commemorative of Franz Joseph I during the period of the declaration of war between Austria-Hungary and Serbia at the onset of WWI.

Interestingly, I have a pair of Hungarian coronation medals in exactly the same style as this that are dated 1917 and were made for the coronation of Karoly IV and Empress Zita.

FJ obv.jpg
    FJ rev.jpg

sonlarson, jj00, jello and 1 other person like this.
  10. 1934 Wreath Crown

1798 Paul Tsarist Rouble
    1798 Paul Rouble Obv.jpg 1798 Paul Rouble Rev.jpg

sonlarson, jj00, H8_modern and 2 others like this.
  11. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

very interesting coin. in my 2002 Krause catalog it is C#101a, .868 silver, 38mm size, mintage- 3,279,000, Ruler- Paul I

grade/value
    VG-$20.00 F-40.00 VF-$90.00 XF-$150.00
    Krause values may differ from real life values.
    very interesting design. nice early date too. :cool:
    curious to know what those words mean on the reverse ???

1934 Wreath Crown likes this.
  12. 1934 Wreath Crown

Thanks. But Krause prices are quite outdated now. This type is not easy to come by. I waited a long time for this coin.

13. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

curious as to the new value ? if to personal I will understand.

14. PaddyB

PaddyB Eccentric enthusiast

Picked up these two today.
    British Indian Rupee 1840. (b) KM#457.3 type 1
    French Ecu 1781 k - Bordeaux mint
    1840 rupee.jpg 1781k Ecu.jpg
    Neither of them perfect but interesting coins with lots of history.

sonlarson, jj00, jello and 1 other person like this.
  15. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

cool coins.
    France 1781K, ECU, KM#564.8 , Mint: Bordeaux , .917 silver. a very low mintage-34,000
    grade/value
    VG-35.00 F-$55.00 VF-$150.00 XF-$275.00
    based on my 2002 Krause catalog, Krause values may differ from real life market values.

16. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

India-British, 1840, Rupee, KM#458.3, .917 silver, 30.8mm size, mint-Bombay, mintage- 312,598,000
    grade/value 2002 Krause catalog
    F-$3.00 VF-$6.00 XF-$12.00 UNC.-$25.00
    Krause values may differ from real life market values.

17. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

Nice additions, Paddy!

18. PaddyB

Yes - this shows you just how out of date the 2002 Krause figures are! Not only do they take no account of the Silver content, there has also been a huge upsurge in interest for Indian coins since their economy started to boom. I would expect to pay GBP 25 to 30 for this now in the UK and expect to get more if I sold it back to India.
    Huge numbers of these were scrapped after India got its independence - both because they were no longer in circulation and because the Indian metalsmiths love to work in Silver and fashioned their old coins into endless different artifacts.

I had an Indian 8 Anna coin a few years back - an unusual thing - large with 8 sides. Krause told me it was worth USD 20 - it sold to India for GBP 243!

spirityoda and jello like this.
  19. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

how close was the France eco coin
    values ?

20. PaddyB

Difficult to say! The person I bought it from had used a similar old copy of Krause to price it.
    On E**y it is difficult to get a clear steer - not many close matches and vast differences in price. I found this one on a buy it now: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FRANCE-Ec...516659?hash=item4af3e5fff3:g:UicAAOSwIwhWRRIk
    and this one which has actually sold: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FRANCE-LO...324071?hash=item3f6428a1a7:g:IH0AAOSwd0BVrsph
    but both these are different mints as well as different dates.
    This one is a closer match and seems cheap, but then look at the difference in actual weight to expected weight at the bottom! https://www.numiscorner.com/product...hes-dolivier-ecu-1781-bordeaux-vf20-25-silver

spirityoda likes this.
  21. 1934 Wreath Crown

It's more like $500 and of course MUCH more in a high grade. But then high grades in the older Russian coins are very hard to come by. Most were heavily circularised or cleaned.

spirityoda likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted