World Coins: Your Newest Acquisition!

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by petro89, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Hiddendragon

Hiddendragon World coin collector

I also got this from a third dealer. I think it was $4 over spot. 2015 somalia 100 shillings.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Paul_62

Paul_62 Just takin' it one day at a time

Silver that arrived last week
    1944 50cs 164039 042716 sidexside.jpg 1945 50cs 164038 042716 sidexside.jpg 1948 5pesos 164037 042716 sidexside.jpg 1951 5pesos 164040 042716 sidexside.jpg 1952 5pesos 164041 042716 sidexside.jpg

4. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

All nice pieces Paul_62. Did you buy them off of eBay?

5. Paul_62

Paul_62 Just takin' it one day at a time

Yeah, I've been searching all the sellers lately for 20th century Mexico coins. I like the toning of the copper and bronze centavos and the silver pesos, particularly the big coins -- they feel great. I've no particular order yet, just adding to the collection. It seems there's a lot of junk silver out there, but that's not what I've looking for. These were all relatively reasonable, some of the heavier silver can get pretty pricy.

6. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

I've been looking for a rainbow toned 10 Mark Olympics coin for some time now.

10 Mark AG / 1972-J / NGC MS65 *
    KM 134 1972 Olympiade in München

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

spirityoda, Paddy54, jj00 and 7 others like this.
  7. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

While I'm not a fan of colored coins, toned or painted ;) , I basically like the design.

8. Silverino

Silverino Well-Known Member

DSCN2231.JPG DSCN2228.JPG Some more Mexican silver and oh la la loving the Guatemala Un Peso, great strike and toning on reverse. The center Hidalgo got below spot. Please do check out my youtube channel. DSCN2227.JPG Take care all.

9. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Got these in the mail today...Actually, someone else with the same number address as me (different street) got them because my mail carrier sucks (that's another story). But, the other guy was nice enough to bring them over after dinner. Was hoping @chrisild could maybe shed some light on them since he seems to know his German coinage ;)

1978 30th Anniversary of the Deutsche Mark. 0.925 Silver, 26 Grams
    1978 Germany 30th Anniversary of Deutsche Mark.jpg

1988 40th Anniversary of the Deutsche Mark. 0.999 Silver, 20 Grams
    1988 Germany 40th Anniversary of Deutsche Mark.jpg

Oh, and is almost always the case, I paid melt for these :)

01mikep, jello and sonlarson like this.
  10. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Cannot really tell you much about those pieces, sorry. But it's good to know that you did not pay more than the melt value. ;) Problem is, anybody can have medals made and sell them; later there is hardly any market for them, with exceptions for certain designers for example.

The eagle of the upper piece was designed after the one used on the 5 DM coin (1975-1996), and Ludwig Erhard was federal minister (secretary) of economics, and later chancellor (head of government). "Soziale Marktwirtschaft" is basically how our economy works or is supposed to work, a combination of capitalism and social responsibility. The Ludwig Erhard Foundation (Stiftung) which may have issued the medal is in Bonn.

The octagonal medal uses the design of the 1 DM coin (with the added "40 years"), an eagle that looks to the wrong side :rolleyes: and the first words of our national anthem. The Federal Republic of Germany issued "DM anniversary" coins in 1988 (2 DM Cu-Ni, made for circulation until 1996) and 1998 (10 DM Ag) ...

Christian

furryfrog02 likes this.
  11. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

Nice group of silvers! I still want to get a Guatemala Peso of that design in time.

12. Silverino

Silverino Well-Known Member

Paid $560 pesos, $50 was mailing it. $560 x $16.83 = $33 bucks. And 3 weeks waiting for 3rd world Country mail system.

Mat likes this.
  13. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

After several years, I finally acquired a coin high on my want list. A Cartwheel Penny.

This is the heavier 2pence. Still would like a 1pence later on.

[​IMG]
    HANOVER.
    George III.1760-1820. CU Twopence Second issue. Cartwheel type.
    O:GEORGIUS III D G REX, Laureate, draped, and armored bust right.
    R: BRITANNIA, Britannia seated left on rocks, holding branch and trident; shield to right; in background, ship under sail right upon waves.
    Soho (Birmingham) mint, 1797.
    41mm
    54.73g
    6h
    Peck 1077; SCBC 3776; KM 619.

14. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

These arrived today after the mail man lost them yesterday....I REALLY HATE my mail carrier. I paid about $5 under melt for these. I love the big Mexican silver coins.
    1953 Mexico 5 Pesos Hidalgo Anniversary.jpg 1953 Mexico 5 Pesos.jpg 1968 Mexico 25 Pesos.jpg 1977 Mexico 100 Pesos.jpg

Hiddendragon, jello, chrisild and 3 others like this.
  15. rooman9

rooman9 Lovin Shiny Things

I have one of those, it's seriously like owning a hockey puck!

1934 Wreath Crown likes this.
  16. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

Indeed it is, and I have several souvenir pucks from the NHL.

rooman9 likes this.
  17. rooman9

rooman9 Lovin Shiny Things

How have you stored yours?

18. Hiddendragon

Hiddendragon World coin collector

Here's one I got today that checks a few boxes for me. It goes with my bears collection, my Mexican collection and it's a big silver coin, which is always nice. 2001 mexico 5 pesos.jpg

jester3681, chrisild, jello and 3 others like this.
  19. sonlarson

sonlarson World Silver Collector

Home run!

Hiddendragon likes this.
  20. 1934 Wreath Crown

1934 Wreath Crown Well-Known Member

1897 7 1/2 Roubles. One year type.

Attached Files:

jello and jj00 like this.
  21. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

I have plastic holders for them similar to a coin capsule. They're square.

rooman9 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted