World Coins: Your Newest Acquisition!

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by petro89, Mar 29, 2011.

1. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

Thanks. I'll add to in my "searches to follow" and ask for emails when listed.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rooman9

rooman9 Lovin Shiny Things

Just a few more random aussies. Man you guys must be sick of me posting them haha. I am excited about the penny, not a rare one, but one of like 3 I'm missing. No idea how that one fell through the cracks :(
    $_12-1.JPG $_12.JPG s-l500-1.jpg s-l500.jpg s-l1600-2.jpg s-l1600-3.jpg

chrsmat71, furryfrog02, jj00 and 4 others like this.
  4. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

rooman9 likes this.
  5. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

which Australia penny dates are you missing ?

6. rooman9

1919 Double Dot, 1920 Dot above upper scroll, 1925, 1930 (I will never get one of these).

7. Hiddendragon

Hiddendragon World coin collector

Here are a few that are neat for different reasons. The Panama 2 1/2 centesimos is the smallest coin I've ever seen. I scanned it inside the dime sized 2x2 so you can see how small it is. And I love the Martinique coin because it's one of the very few coins from that island. 1915 italy 2 lire.jpg 1922 martinique 1 franc.jpg 1975 panama 2.5 centavos.jpg 1985 hungary 100 forint cat.jpg

chrisild, chrsmat71, brg5658 and 5 others like this.
  8. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

I have am collecting these and putting them in a Dansco. I really like this bullion series.

Paddy54 likes this.
  9. sonlarson

sonlarson World Silver Collector

Me too. Keep em coming.

rooman9 likes this.
  10. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

I really like this series myself. As well as the Britannia series. I only have a few of them. I do also collect ASE'S I don't have all of the ASE series but do have most of them in uncirculated , proof,and matte finish .
    At one time I collected Canadian Maple leafs And privy coins. As for the Kookaburra coins I've always have liked birds. So the design and subject matter speaks to me.
    I need to sit down and take an inventory of the dates I need to be up to date.
    But I guess what I like most is the quality of the finished product . What I see coming from Perth as well as the RCM is top notch . I wish I see The same quality from the US Mint. Yes the mint does get some right.....but as for the track record again I see a higher percentage of quality products from the two mints above.

JPeace$ likes this.
  11. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

Me too. I have a couple Britannia's, but I'm not putting together a complete set of those. My ASE's and Unc Maple Leaf's are in Danscos and are up to date. I'm still working on the Kooks. I have the first 5 years and most of the last 10 years, but have some gaps in the middle. They are in a Littleton. I prefer the Dansco to the Littleton, but I think I wanted to try the Littleton. No reason to change now.

I have an Excel workbook in which I keep all my coin purchases. I have individual sheets for the different series I collect.

I really like the Maple Leaf privy, but they are far too numerous though. I have a few, but I don't want to put together the entire series. One privy per year is enough for me.

12. rooman9

Ok. I bought this coin a couple of weeks ago. The pics were a bit blurry and I feel I came out ahead. First two are sellers pics and then mine. The reverse has a nice die crack on the rim. Last pic just shows the details the coin has.
    s-l1600-1.jpg s-l1600.jpg
    IMG_1385.JPG
    IMG_1387.JPG IMG_1388.JPG IMG_1389.JPG IMG_1390.JPG IMG_1391.JPG IMG_1392.JPG

Attached Files:

13. rooman9

This has been a good week for me :) Besides the fact that I've spent too much money on coins. I just won the second rarest penny. The 1925. I have been looking almost every day for 6 months and just watching. Knowing at some point I would find a steal. And last night I did!!!! Sellers pics. The Sydney mint struck almost 1 million pennies in 1925 but they ended up using 1924 dies for most of them. Only 117,600 of them were dated 1925.
    s-l1600-3.jpg s-l1600.jpg

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
    sgt23, jj00, sonlarson and 5 others like this.
  14. jackrabb1t

jackrabb1t Well-Known Member

It's a small world. :) Here's my second attempt at doing this coin some justice:

[​IMG]

I'm also continuing to find out more about these coins. According to one source, just 4006 of the 6001 proof sets minted in 1928 were released. The rest were held in the Central Bank of Ireland. I don't know what became of the sets held back.

In addition, somewhere between 50 and 100 restrikes of these 1928 proofs were minted in either 1962 or 1963. I'm not aware of any way to tell the difference between the originals and the restrikes.

Paddy54, jj00, spirityoda and 5 others like this.
  15. iPen

iPen Well-Known Member

I've had this one for a while now, but I'm ready to submit it to NGC. So, it'll be like I'm going to be getting it again when it comes back slabbed lol.

Anyway, it's going a bit off on a tangent, but, what do you all think this'll grade as? Will the obverse scratch cause it to be a Details grade?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Inquisitive, jj00, Paddy54 and 3 others like this.
  16. jester3681

jester3681 Exonumia Enthusiast

Probably... [emoji53]

17. iPen

iPen Well-Known Member

Worth submitting then? Or, leave it raw?

18. jester3681

jester3681 Exonumia Enthusiast

I would just leave it raw.

19. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

The coin from Hungary featuring the cat I have always liked, mostly because of the fancy font. :) They had an entire series (three 100 forint and three 200 forint coins) in that style, dedicated to preserving/protecting the environment ...

Christian

20. Hiddendragon

Hiddendragon World coin collector

I have four of the six now. I don't think I'll be getting the other two anytime soon though.

21. eric6794

eric6794 Well-Known Member

1970 Half Swiss Franc that I found in a roll of American dimes today. Not in bad condition for making the jump across the pond and being in circulation. halfswiss1.jpg halfswiss2.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted