World Coins: Your Newest Acquisition!

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by petro89, Mar 29, 2011.

1. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

[​IMG]
    Nice grade to I had one but went in a trade. Trade was not a good grade like this.

spirityoda likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. britannia40

britannia40 Well-Known Member

Here is one that was on my want list I broke down and purchased. i like unike coins.
    1903 Kirin 10 Cash(ES) in good condition.
    $_1 (19).JPG $_1 (20).JPG

jello, chrsmat71, sonlarson and 2 others like this.
  4. Inquisitive

Inquisitive Starting 2 know something

Not sure why you say it is worth a fortune, and you see the pictures, your guess is as good as mine.?

5. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

because yours is the real coin mine is a medal fantasy piece. the helmeted side is different on mine. I just looked it up and my fantasy piece is silver plated brass not copper. your coins grade hmmm VF-XF VF- $$250, XF-$500 ? a Fine grade goes for $120. mintage-3,536,250 I had no idea there were that many of them. .600 silver too. I guess I meant a small fortune $250.00 upon closer look at your coins pics

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
  6. Inquisitive

Inquisitive Starting 2 know something

Real world I figure $100 to $150 selling to a dealer, unless I get it graded first. The more interesting coin is the other 20 lira, IMHO. That might get me a couple hundred (if lucky).

I thought you meant thousands, which unless there was some sort of error on the coin, it didn't seem likely.

spirityoda likes this.
  7. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

well... the UNC-$1,000 BU what $2,000+. your real figure is probably right ($150.00). I would get it graded. ya never know ???

8. mkivtt

mkivtt Well-Known Member

9. mkivtt

mkivtt Well-Known Member

Peru - Republic 8 Reales 1829-JM AU58 - front_2.jpg Peru - Republic 8 Reales 1829-JM AU58 - rear_2.jpg Peru - Republic 8 Reales 1829-JM AU58

Dr.Jones, brg5658, sonlarson and 4 others like this.
  10. mkivtt

mkivtt Well-Known Member

11. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

mkivtt likes this.
  12. jj00

jj00 Well-Known Member

+1 -- great coins @mkivtt

mkivtt likes this.
  13. KSorbo

KSorbo Well-Known Member

I've found myself drifting toward the darkside in some of my recent purchases as there are so many world coins to choose from. I just couldn't resist bidding on this William IV shilling. British coinage is interesting to me because of its long history, and this particular piece offered a lot of coin for the money. Coins from this period that were made for circulation had to have had a low survival rate in the higher grades, and any U.S. equivalent (such as an AU Bust quarter) just wouldn't be an option on my budget. Also, the production quality is quite amazing for a coin from the 1830's. Evidently the Royal Mint was way ahead of its time considering the excellent strike and intricate design.

Is my understanding correct that this would grade borderline EF by British standards? Since the auction was U.S. only I'm wondering if I got a better deal, and I'd be curious to know the true market value on the other side of the pond.

1836 Shilling Slab.JPG 1836 Shilling.jpg

jj00, jello, furryfrog02 and 2 others like this.
  14. mkivtt

mkivtt Well-Known Member

Brandenburg-Bayreuth. George Friedrich Karl one twelfth Taler 1735-ILR AU55 NGC_rear.jpg Brandenburg-Bayreuth. George Friedrich Karl one twelfth Taler 1735-ILR AU55 NGC_front.jpg Brandenburg-Ansbach. Alexander Taler 1779-G XF45 NGC, rear (1).jpg Brandenburg-Ansbach. Alexander Taler 1779-G XF45 NGC, rear (2).jpg The first coin was struck for the death of the margrave. I purchased it because I like the symbolism of the dove flying to the heavens.

H8_modern, brg5658, jello and 6 others like this.
  15. KSorbo

KSorbo Well-Known Member

I really like the coats of arms design on the reverse of the Thaler. Very unique!

16. brg5658

brg5658 Supporter! Supporter

17. tulipone

tulipone Well-Known Member

Spink says VF £45, EF £300. Coin Yearbook 2015 says VF £35, EF ££170. Looks nice.

KSorbo likes this.
  18. Yarb0

Yarb0 Member

Currently en route:

6161_z6241.jpg

jello, jj00, spirityoda and 2 others like this.
  19. tulipone

I wonder if anyone can help with an idea of what these coins are?

[​IMG]
    Thank you!

jello likes this.
  20. H8_modern

H8_modern Attracted to small round-ish art

Egypt 1 millieme 1945 and 2 milliemes 1938 - the 2 is the smaller one

jello and tulipone like this.
  21. tulipone

Thank you.

jello likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted