World Coin Price Guides

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Ciscokid, Feb 20, 2005.

1. Ciscokid

Ciscokid New Member

Can anyone recommend a "decent" world coin price guide? Book or Internet? I am mainly interested in gold coins only. I'm a little frustrated because doing a google search, not 1 site popped up that had what I was interested in which is what is a foreign gold coin worth?? GD where are ya bro :confused:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jody526

jody526 New Member

Of course, many gold coins are valued according to the fluctuating spot price of their metal content, but here is a book that many collectors have in their library...

[​IMG]

4. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

There are no web site price guides for world gold. The book Jody suggests is a good one - I own it. But I actually prefer Gold Coins of the World - From the Ancient Times to the Present 7th Edition by Arthur L. & Ira S. Friedberg. Krause's book only contains coins issued from 1601 to date. Friedberg contains them all.

5. Ciscokid

Ciscokid New Member

Many thanks gents, I will go to book store and acquire both of these items... ;)

6. Ciscokid

Ciscokid New Member

OK GD, got my book in the mail today which I bidded and won on ebay and I must admit I am very much happy with my purchase. The book is worth $75 as you know but I believe I got a good price for $49 plus shipping.. :D
    Now you and I can go head to head on bidding on some coins knowing what the other guy knows eh>> :rolleyes: HAHAHA

Draft saved Draft deleted