World Coin Market is Hot ?

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by doppeltaler, Jan 21, 2021.

1. GoldFinger1969

GoldFinger1969 Well-Known Member

Just because something has a rarity in one country doesn't mean that similar rarity in another means they should command the same price.

The gap MAY narrow or close completely -- we don't know.

But I wouldn't extrapolate trends from 1921. :D

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

^^^^Like This:jawdrop::jawdrop: 20210211_105424.jpg 20210211_105442.jpg

panzerman likes this.
  4. Mac McDonald

Mac McDonald Well-Known Member

Where/how does one go about selling a considerable number of higher-grade "world hot-market" (foreign) silver coins that are unfortunately raw/ungraded...? Most are 19th century and early-mid 20th century British, Canadian, Australian and European (Austria, Poland, Czech, Italy, etc), with some varied others plus Panamanian, Latin/Spanish and similar. I've waited too long and now my limited retirement budget just doesn't have room for grading fees...even 10 or 15 per month...which would take forever, anyway. Seems everything must be TP-graded nowadays...understand for the most part. That said, I know grading, and many if not most are MS, and most that aren't are AU. One of my better coins is a 1927 British Crown/proof. Many Canadian $1 and 50c of the 1930s-1960s including a 1947 50c w/maple leaf. I have no photos (I don't/can't do them, nor eBay, etc.) but have compiled extensive lists and descriptions by country that I can email. If anyone is within reasonable driving distance of southern rural Indiana and seriously interested, I'd be willing to meet with them here/there, halfway, etc, to see some of them. I need to sell my entire life-long collection to include my U.S. coins as well, for health and retirement reasons. Thanks for any suggestions, experiences.

buckeye73 and panzerman like this.
  5. panzerman

panzerman Well-Known Member

You could consign them to Auction Houses in US like Heritage/ Stacks/ CNG/ Goldbergs. All auction firms are looking for high grade World coinage.
    John

GoldFinger1969 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted