World Coin Collectors..Conviece me/others who is the best to collect

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Molon Labe, Nov 28, 2020.

1. robp

robp Well-Known Member

Buy what you find attractive without restrictions - any coin from anywhere, struck at any time or in any period. In time you will turn to a particular area that inspires you more than others, but however much you refine the parameters, there will always be an outlier that you really like. This is where the 'too nice to sell' bit comes in for things you already have, and also provides an occasional diversion when buying.

panzerman likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

German States has many great designs, but they can get very expensive. After years and years of looking at many many coins you get a feel for what is expensive in the coin market. Take your time buying. Know what you are buying. Buy grades you are comfortable with. At thee end of the day you ask yourself "I am happy with this coin ?"

panzerman likes this.
  4. serafino

serafino Well-Known Member

I agree with the others about silver crowns. They are large, around 25 grams and most European countries used them. And silver is always nice ;).

panzerman likes this.
  5. tibor

tibor Supporter! Supporter

Try collecting a couple of coins from each year starting with 2020
    and going back in time. This should prove to be an interesting
    chalange and will take you back to 1500 A.D. without much
    financial outlay per coin. Mix it up and collect a coin from each
    continent for each year see where that takes you. This challange
    will prove to be a life time endevour . Good luck.

panzerman likes this.
  6. serafino

And for those with deep pockets gold coins from each country are always magnificent

panzerman likes this.
  7. panzerman

panzerman Well-Known Member

My pockets have holes in them, so always broke:( I was walking in our Sobeys (Supermarket) and heard some clinging/ looked down and saw all kinds of coins on floor/ wonder if that ever happened when people had gold coins in their pockets. You see in Western movies, cowboys at the bar,whipping out a Double Eagle to buy a round for everyone. These coins weighed 34 grams, so would wear out pant pockets pretty fast....

serafino and spirityoda like this.
  8. serafino

Leather or cloth coin purses were commonly used by most people back then. They didn't just put a 10 Dollar Gold coin in their pocket loose to mix with their nickles and dimes ;).

panzerman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted