WOO HOO. Another coin on the way.

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by GUNNER63736, Dec 24, 2018.

1. GUNNER63736

GUNNER63736 Well-Known Member

I like silver Kennedys. Set down in front of the computer and went to ebay. That is an evil place. Makes you spend money you don't need to be spending, but I am as excited as a kid with a new pair of skates whenever I buy a coin. I am way, way, way to old for skates, so I will stick with my coin collection these days. LOL Bought a 2018 S Silver Reverse Proof Kennedy Half Dollar PCGS PR 69 First Strike. Not a high dollar coin, but they sure are purdy. Seems that Kennedy halves are either liked or hated. I love em. The wifey loves me buying them also. She just puts up with my addiction in our old age. LOL. Merry CHRISTmas all.

Attached Files:

yakpoo, spirityoda, ken454 and 7 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

Says its a "50th Anniversary Set".

50th Anniversary of what?

4. NSP

NSP Well-Known Member

I think it’s the 50th anniversary of San Francisco making proof sets (1968).

TheFinn likes this.
  5. GUNNER63736

6. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

I am always in wonder of how they can call a coin "first strike". IMO there is absolutely no way to do that. Coins are manufactured and placed in storage until time to release them to the world. It is usually on a first in last out process like any storage system. Does the mint actually tie them to a date and time so they can be declared "First Strike"? How does this work?

7. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Verry attractive coin.

8. GUNNER63736

Well, I did it again.

Attached Files:

ddddd likes this.
  9. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

I confess, I bought one too! ;) Except mine wasn't graded! What the hay, I live dangerously! :D Sellers pics?! :cigar: s-29.95b.jpg s-29.95c.jpg

dwhiz and ddddd like this.
  10. GUNNER63736

11. GUNNER63736

I
    Your correct. I don't really pay any attention to the extra "First Strike" etc. Really adds no value to me or anyone else I think. I buy it for the silver, grade and the pcgs certification at what I think it is worth to me and what most others are selling them for. Paid $18.73 for this one shipped. Not a super price but I can live with it.

fretboard likes this.
  12. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

That's a beautiful coin!

However, I'm not a big fan of the laser frosting technique in use since 2006. I prefer the older sandblasted DCAM proofs. It's like Digital vs. Analog.

Inspector43 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted